Tattoos and piercings

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hi Heather,

With regards to tongue piercings, I too am a bit scared about changing it by myself. Not so much in case it hurts, but more, I think, in case I accidentally swallow it :(

I've had mine for 3 and a half years now, and again, the only time I've had it changed (by the guy who did the actual piercing) was after the initial healing period. That bar now feels way too big and clunky, but although I keep telling myself I will get it sorted, I keep forgetting :(

I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to handling such tiny, delicate things though; when I wanted to change the nose ring I used to have, I couldn't get the ball to come out, so I had to have a mate do it with a pair of pliers. That sounds excruciating, but I never even felt it.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help :(

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

firstime

people who regret their tattoos do so because they are not personal to them. i have over 15 and i do not regret any of them. they are not for everyone. if youre thinking about getting one [or more! ;D] think about placement and what would be personal for you. i do not suggest getting someones name, as [not to be debbie downer] most relationships do not last. if you plan on getting a name FOR someone else think something you can cover in that "oh shit moment" or maybe a symbol or design that means something to both of you. other than that .. if youre an adult and find something special and want a permanent reminder of then i say go for it ; ) think it through though.
p.s. piercing only leave a small scar if any ive had multiple piercings in the past and still have my nipples and numerous in my ears, ive had my lip nose and eyebrow done as well but have since taken those out. i think genital piercings are hot but i myself am scared of that chance at nerve damage, that is a very sensitive spot.
xoxo

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

sebastian

OLP, this comment is very late in response to yours, and might be pointless now, but keep in mind that in Japanese (and Chinese and Korean), a single character doesn't mean anything. All those people running around with single-character tattoos that supposedly mean 'freedom' or 'happiness' or whatever, don't actually know how Asian writing works. Asian languages have lots of homophones (words that sound the same but mean different things). So a single character in Japanese can have 3, 4, 5, or more meanings, and all on its own there is no way to say what a single character means. Each character needs to be pared with a second determinative character that tells the reader which meaning to ascribe to the character. The determinative essentially says "read this character as a noun for an animal or a piece of furniture or as a verb indicating speech" or whatever. So if you're going to get a Japanese character, don't go with a single one.

Fileboom Premium Account

nameless

i have a rose tattoo on my arm and i have no piercings as i dont think they would suit me.

i do have am idea for a full back tattoo but i dont have the money and am not 100% sure i want it.

my idea is a young woman with long hair and her arms cross over her breasts and chains around her wrists. i was also thinking about haveing some symbol for dom and another for sub on each chain and maybe give her wings and make her an angel

Fileboom Premium Account

sillylittlepet

I dont have a single tattoo and my only piercings are the plain old ear ones that most girls have. Master doesn't have any tattoos or piercings (not even his ears!)

I considered piercing my nipples but master was against it, he sees it as body mutilation and isn't into to at all. Plus, I found out that piercings ooze sometimes. ooze.

I dunno if I'll ever get a tattoo, I'm kind of a pain baby and there's no image or quote that I feel strongly enough about to put on my body. This is ironic because most of my friends are heavily tattooed and pierced =P

Fileboom Premium Account

No piercings, and only one tattoo so far. I have a laurel wreath on my right shoulder (mid deltoid, to be specific), for many reasons.
I have plans to get:
a red four leaf clover on a green field surrounded by a celtic knot on my left shoulder.
a crucified skin on my right fore arm.
a pheonix, rising from the ashes and surrounded by clouds (while this is probably the most cliche on my list, i've gone to great lengths to make mine unique and personal to me) on my back.

There's a couple others I'm kicking around. I can't find anything good symbolically to tie in with being an iron worker for example.

Fileboom Premium Account