Mental States

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

The issue is not that I don't know I need to do this, it's that I encounter a mental block between my usual (more considerate) self and my dominant side. The "just get over it" mentality is a nice idea, and I have faith that I can do that, but I was seeing if anyone is in the same boat I am, or if anyone has been there and has words of wisdom.

Which, of course, people have, and I am quite appreciative of that. I'd like to respond more but I have to get going.

I see where this is going.

Div - help me clarify this a little. Do you have the same block with normal sex as you do with "bringing the Dom out"?, or can you get into sex more easily than you can into a session?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Div

I'd say it's about equal? It's no more or less difficult for me to initiate normal sex. If I can initiate normal sex, I'll be in the dom mindset automatically. I don't always go with that, sometimes I like to just be her and me not submissive and dominant. When we have more "normal" sex, I'm still dominant, just not quite as forceful about it. It's more just when I'm in a less sadistic mood that that will happen. It's really the same mindset, I think.

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

That's the answer I expected. Like I said in my first response Div, many of our partners expect us to be mind-readers or psychics
You're the only one who can tell if she's into you and how much. The rest is just learning how to read her reactions.
To tell you the truth..... you care about her feelings a little to much. It sucks when we really care about someone we want to be our slave.

You haven't come to grips yet, with the truth.... As Seb says often, you think loving her means being kind and ....so on and so on. This woman you love likes you to be a Dominant. To take her and use her. That's love too.

As a matter of fact, if you don't take control of your mindset, this wall of yours will get bigger, and she will feel like you love her less.... not more.

Seb and kajmir were right. This is just about confidence, but it doesn't have to be learned or absorbed, it can be imitated until it really sinks in.

I suggest you give any one of the suggestions a few tries, and I also suggest that you stop looking at sex as some taboo that can't be discussed with her just as naturally as what you might be having for dinner tonight.

The more you clarify what's going on, the less you will be "blocked" or "walled" by your own anxiety. Tell her about your issues with initiating sexuality. Tell her that you want to do things with her (vanilla or kink) at any given moment, but you're getting mixed signals from her... then let her respond.

I have recent memory of a pet that came to assume she was gonna get fucked every single time I saw her (not always fucked, but something sexual). She came to assume that because I told her that and then I did it. Every time were alone she knew, to the point that if I didn't do something she would ask if something was wrong.

It sounds like you guys really need to open up to each other more. If not, then just take the first suggestion and define when "your" time is..... But if you're not going to take advantage of it, and subsequently, her, nothing will work.

A Dom/me is many things..... but on thing a Dom/me is always, and that's an actor. One who is able to create and combine contrasting elements, between danger and safety, between confinement and feedom, helplessness and security. That's what a Dom/me does!

Just imitate confidence and don't back down after one negative response.
Trust me, you can take the pain on the road to your own persona. Treat it like an exercise. Kaj is right.... she doesn't want to tell you when it's ok to subjugate her, so if you're looking for a clear sign, forget it.

Just keep one thing in mind, your job is to make her think and believe it's about her, not you. She should believe, and rightfully so, that you need her, and can't keep your hands off of her, and that you are always hungry for her.
If she believes that, and then get's mad at you.... you're either with the wrong woman, or she's with the wrong guy.

Sometimes the hardest questions are the ones we already know the answer to.

Unless you have something different, stop asking the "same" one. Re-read the responses to your op. Your answers are there, and many are coming from the ones you wanted them to come from.

Those, like me, that can totally relate.

P.S. If you don't already have it, Get the book called "The New Topping Book", and start getting used to the idea of Doming her with your clothes on, and her's too (to start).

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

There is one thing I didn't see mentioned here Div. What is her reaction when you do try to take over, or when you try to initiate sex?

I took another look at this thread. You didn't really talk much about what kind of sub she is when active. Does she just like aggressive sex (held down, spanked, slapped, etc..), or does she like humiliation(suck it slut), subjugation (on you knees wench!), forced orgasms, pain play ? (I left out some others cause you guys seem to be at an early stage)
And how does she react when you guys are first getting into it?
What is her body type, and what is yours, further, what are each of your confidence levels with going into just sex, regardless of what kind?
Does she want it to stop at a certain point?
Once you start, does it always go a certain way?
Does she wait till the last minute before telling you she's not really feeling like it?

If you are self-conscious about these answers, please pm me. I think that I, and some others here, may have made some assumptions about everything else around your Dom life, that made this too easy.

I just wanted to make sure. Answering these questions might help to re-frame what's going on.

Fileboom Premium Account

kajmir

As directed by L8NightQ...He said to copy this post for you.

My newbie suggestion.

I am not a submissive 24/7. The Master I choose was infact not looking for a pet but a friend, I replied to his ad. We got along so well that I basically said asked him to be my Master, he enjoys me as a friend as much as fucktoy as well, fucktoy, top 3 of drty pet names?

Anyways our deal is simple: when play names are in play, so are we. When we're just Kajmir and Billy, we are just Kajmir and Billy. When one wants to play ask if "domme" or "fucktoy" is available. When I'm just really not available, "fucktoy" is sleeping. When "Master" isn't available, he has gone out.

I think personally, you're making it more then it is and I DON'T mean that in a bitch way. But are you seriously turned on 24/7? I doubt it, so when you're not...just be YOU.

We'd frankly like to be a vanilla couple also, but we have a distance problem and while I agree age isn't a HUGE deal, our age diff is at the point where he is in college and I was looking to be married with kids about 3 years ago. The gap is just a bit too big.

Fileboom Premium Account

Div

This site seems to have been down a lot recently. I've tried to replay a couple times only for the site to crash and lose my post. Thanks again everyone for the advice. I've been trying the things you've recommended out, and have been happy with the results thus far.

What is her reaction when you do try to take over, or when you try to initiate sex?
She pretty much just does what I want unless she's in a particularly non-sexual mood.
Does she just like aggressive sex (held down, spanked, slapped, etc..), or does she like humiliation(suck it slut), subjugation (on you knees wench!), forced orgasms, pain play ? (I left out some others cause you guys seem to be at an early stage)
I'd say she likes all these things to varying degrees. She likes being told what to do, and seems to like pain play. The first she told me, the second I've gleaned over time. I don't really know what a forced orgasm is.
And how does she react when you guys are first getting into it?
You'll have to be more specific. I feel like you're fishing for a specific answer. When we're first getting into it she usually just does as she's told, except once in awhile she'll feel like being a brat for a couple minutes.
What is her body type, and what is yours, further, what are each of your confidence levels with going into just sex, regardless of what kind?
Neither of us are super well in shape, but we're not terrible. I'm 6'3" 240 pounds, she's 5'2" I'd say 140? I don't really know how else to answer that. As for confidence levels, I'm not sure how to gauge that other than to say that I think she's probably more confident than I am.
Does she want it to stop at a certain point?
I'm sure she has limits, but I have not yet found them. And I've asked her about it too. Effectively what she said was I'll know when she knows.
Once you start, does it always go a certain way?
Well it depends on what you consider to be going a certain way. It's usually in our room. Or at least, it has been lately since we have a roommate now. We branched out more when I had my own apartment, but now we're more or less confined to our room. I'd say 95% of the time we'll have sex, the other 5% are times when she's either on her period or being punished, though no sex is not a punishment I often choose, for obvious reasons.

It doesn't feel to me like it goes a certain way every time. We usually end up on the bed, we usually have sex, and she is almost always told to do something or has some punishment bestowed upon her. The manner in which these things happen varies from day to day.
Does she wait till the last minute before telling you she's not really feeling like it?
She tells me basically as soon as she's aware that I want sex, unless I give her a massage at night, in which case she just falls asleep. I don't mind that.

Fileboom Premium Account