Mental States

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Well Seb, you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Div - It's not just subs who want you to be psychic, it's all our partners.... kinky or not.

When you think about it, your issue is one of countless males who assume the traditional dominant (non bdsm) role in a relationship. You want to have sex with your woman, but you care about her, care about her feelings, you're her best friend, etc.... So how do you take her from watching tv, or doing something else that's completely non sexual to the point where your fucking. Guys dilemma, boyfriends dilemma, partners, dilemma.
The boundary and transition areas are the same. You guys are just kinky.

You've got some great suggestions here, particularly from Tumbl3, Gypsy, and Seb regarding time zones that belong to you, or signals that belong to her. Let me suggest one additional thing for you that will help the transition and reinforce your roles. A bridge, so to speak.

First, take the suggestion that certain times are your times, and if she has a problem with that, then she should make sure that there is an exception to the rule for that time. This, however should be negotiated to allow for you to select an alternate time. It doesn't just go away.

If she can't pick, then choose the times that you think work best for you, with some consideration for her work hours. You may want to give her a free rolling period for times when her body is not quite normal (translate... her period). These are free times, but she needs to tell you when this is happening, not just assume you know (Aunt flo is on her way, or whatever, just be clear).

BDSM doesn't have to start with you as an aggressor. My toy often starts a session with a trigger. This trigger could be a "point of entry" on your bridge.

You guys love each other, so sometimes she just wants to be close and touchy feely with you. Let her be. If she tries to wake up the beast by stroking your dick or something more overt, you know you're on the bridge cause she is taking you across with her. At that point she is yours.... if not, you guys were just being close. Fine.

Other times, you guys may have just come in from somewhere, or you may still be out, but when you really feel like taking her, just say "I've got something in mind for you. This is just for me..... Are you ok with that?"
If she says yes, your bridge is clear for you to carry out your vision.

This, by the way, can be done whether you're in your time zone or not. And it's a good thing to do, just to let her know that the schedule is not always hard for you and she is yours all the time. Trust me, it will really help her feel close to you and let her know that you are always thinking about her.

Tumbl3 also mentioned that some subs like to be subjugated out of the blue. I agree. As a Dom you have the right (if she is that kind of sub, and most are) to spank her pretty much when you want. Not a punishment spank, but a ownership spank, if you can relate to that. Let's say she doing some cleaning, like washing dishes. Try just walking up behind her and putting your arm around her neck (slow, not fast like an attack). With your other arm reach around from behind and start to fondle her. Most subs will stay still and silent. After that, keep your arm around her neck and pull down whatever she has at waist level, to expose her bottom. Bend her over a counter or chair and spank her for a minute or so. Then let her go and tell her to keep her clothes where they are and go back to what she was doing until you tell her she can pull them back up/put them back on. She will feel exposed, owned, and objectified. If she asks your permission to pull her clothes back up, give her a task to do to satisfy you (can you think of one Mr. Dom?), and then she can carry on.

After a while the signals and body language... and the bridge signals will become pretty automatic.

And of course, this is purely psychological.... Just to provide reassurance to you for something that you shouldn't feel guilty about.

One more thing. Since you guys don't live together, I assume she comes to see you, or you come to see her. You could just get used to telling her "Every time you see me, you're going to serve me, sooner or later" implying that you expect to have sex or some kind of subservience, every time you see each other. If you roll this way, she will come to expect it as a regular part of seeing you.

Hope this helps.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Div

It's been a hectic couple of weeks. The floors are being redone so I haven't had a computer. Thank you for the helpful replies.

I'm not sure how big a fan I am of the color system. I'm new to this and all, but I do recognize the paradox of power that goes on in these kinds of relationships. That is, the dominant is in charge outwardly, but in a more subtle and yet forceful way, the submissive is truly in control. It's kind of like an illusion, and I think the color system would break it to a certain degree. I guess if it were just "red" means stop, that would be fine. That'd be just like having a safe word though, and that's pretty standard.

The necklace is a good idea. I have a collar that has been used very irregularly. It hadn't really had a purpose until now, but it's a good idea.

I did talk to her about what kind of frequency she likes, as in what is too much or too little. What I got out of it was two things. A. When she is horny, she thinks about being dominated 85% of the time (her number not some bizarre math I did). B. She doesn't want to completely abolish vanilla sex.

Honestly, I think she was toning her response down for me. I think she thinks I'm not really as into it as she is, and therefore softened her response to one that wouldn't (in her mind) disappoint me. When I talked to her about this, we had been on kind of a kick of vanilla, mainly due to the craziness going on in our house, and I think she may have been under the impression that I tried it out and didn't like it, but that's really not the case. This isn't a problem, though, as I can show her otherwise fairly easily.

I'd love to implement more ritual into our lives. Not a ton, but you know, some. The difficulty with this is that we don't live alone together at the present time, and this really puts a damper on our exploration of all this. Having to be quiet is fun, but there's a certain allure to loudness, ritual and spontaneity that I'm lacking. For example: I have a little notebook that I have her write in once a day. She thinks of a new punishment for herself, and if she doesn't write anything, she gets punished with the previous day's punishment. There are two problems with this. She sucks at remembering, and there isn't always an opportunity to punish her when it is necessitated. Our lives and living situation just get in the way, and I'm not sure how to sidestep this problem. A lot of my aspirations kind of get pushed aside in favor of sleep, work, school, friends, not finding ourselves in embarrassing situations with our roommate, etc. I guess I'm going to hijack my own thread and just kind of turn it into a "help me out/talk about similar experiences" thread, as that seems to be the staple around here.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

If you just want a simple 'Red' safe word, then use that and figure out others ways to get at the other issues. Safe words are primarily for physical safety.

As far as the notebook is concerned, punish her for not remembering to use the notebook. Train her to remember that the notebook is something serious that you need her to be doing.

Perhaps the overall issue here is that you two are having trouble establishing a foundation off of which you can build something more dynamic. So maybe you need to focus on the basics first. Figure out one or two very basic routines or rituals that you adhere to like clockwork, until they become reflexive. That will give you both some confidence and structure, and then once you have that established, build on it slowly with more rituals and routines. It sounds like both of you have a lot of things that make a regular schedule difficult to establish, so figure out a time that regular time that you're both available and attach a ritual there. For example, if you two always see each other at bedtime, arrange a ritual that she has to ask permission to climb into bed. And to do that, she has to kneel and wait for you to acknowledge here. And before she can do that, she has to write in the notebook.

One other point, and maybe this is off base. You said that you joke around a lot in your normal persona. When you're doing anything dominant, including just simple ritual, avoid the temptation to joke. The purpose of ritual is to build focus and (in this case) sexual tension. Joke dissolves tension and breaks focus.

Fileboom Premium Account

AnErieGuy

Just my 2 cents, training to cum on command is actually quite simple. I did it in two weeks with my girlfriend, but what made it easy was we had sex about 30times in those two weeks. When she is about to cum, say a phrase at least twice, my phrase was "Cum for me." Make sure she won't cum on the first repetition of the phrase though, make sure you get that second interval in. Then, when she does cum, say it again as many times as you can(without being a turn off or weird) to her until her orgasm ends. Hopefully she is multi-orgasmic, in such case, quickly get her close again and say it twice, again, but DON'T let her cum, might seem mean, but it then teaches her mind that she is to cum for YOU(or more accurately that phrase) and not for the physical pleasure. Do this a few times over the course of a month (Or in the case that you have alot of sex two weeks) and she will soon enough begin responding to that phrase. Now, I can't say my phrase and have her instantly cum, yet, but I can be licking her neck and then whisper in her ear the phrase and she will cum, and it has gotten to the point where she can be aroused significantly off that phrase. I shouldn't say it's easy, but it is terribly simple, it's all along the pavlo's dog concept, minus the shooting. Two points to whoever understands that. Currently I am working on Texting her the command while she masterbates for me, to keep it current in her mind. Being we are 1000+ miles from each other for a few months, and long term, years.

Fileboom Premium Account

kajmir

I'm going to jump in where I'm not wanted. :D

Why is this being made so ...complex?

Div if you asked her when she wants master around and she says "Whatever you think" that would be a BIG SHINY GREEN LIGHT. She is telling you to go ahead and give it a shot whenever you want, if she's like me or most woman, this is prolly her version of saying: Jee I really hope you're spontanious with this.

So here's the thing, GO give it a try whenever you want. Us subs don't want an 8pm appointment to be dominated, not at 7:30 or 11:15 either. It's great when it's random and totally YOUR idea. It ads to your...dom-ness!

You're looking at this the wrong ...let me set a scene for you, you're both on the couch, watching...oh god, Gilmore Girls. You're half hard, she's beside you.

"Plaything take off your top and pinch your nipples for me"

You're thinking vanilla: wow I'm so rude, no manners.
Her: Wow he's really catching on fast.

You're not looking to be 24/7 from what I understand, you just wanna know if you can be more random, no you don't HAVE to be in the actually bedroom for her NOT to mind you suddenly having a horny moment and wanting to dom her.

I'd be less concerned with worrying bout hurting her feelings:
If she's REALLY not into it, then she'll tell you and back to, oh god, Gilmore Girls you both go. No harm no foul - except the show.

Fileboom Premium Account

Div

You're looking at this the wrong ...let me set a scene for you, you're both on the couch, watching...oh god, Gilmore Girls. You're half hard, she's beside you.

"Plaything take off your top and pinch your nipples for me"
I love how gilmore girls is the thing about my post that is most openly criticized.

Anyways, this is really not the issue. Your point, while well taken, is obvious. I already know this is what I need to do, and can from time to time, but not consistently like I want. I don't know if it's the same for every dom in the beginning, but I don't immediately switch from my normal life persona to my dom one. For me it is more gradual, and that's what I came here to ask about. I recognize that I need to force her out of her regular persona, and that that's what she wants. The issue is not that I don't know I need to do this, it's that I encounter a mental block between my usual (more considerate) self and my dominant side. The "just get over it" mentality is a nice idea, and I have faith that I can do that, but I was seeing if anyone is in the same boat I am, or if anyone has been there and has words of wisdom.

Which, of course, people have, and I am quite appreciative of that. I'd like to respond more but I have to get going.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Part of it is confidence, and that comes with practice.

Like they say in recovery fellowships, "fake it til you make it". Put differently, Dom is as Dom does. Act as if you are confident and your sub will respond to it. Once that happens, you'll start to feel confident.

Confidence is probably the single biggest challenge for a new Dom.

Fileboom Premium Account

AnErieGuy

This is what helps me when I'm with my Kitten. I usually just relax, watch TV with her and stop caring. My mind begins moving (over the course of a few minutes) into my more dominant demeanor sexually. You can't really think about it, you have to deaden your mind, don't REALLY take in what is going on, on TV, you gotten just space out, forget what's around you, and remember who you are behind closed doors. Even if she acts like she doesn't want it, to be controled, she's not in the mood, if she truly loves it, she will get horny after a few moments, and aroused for the domination. Keep it up, 9/10 she will NOT entirely say no, and if she does, you must respect that and leave her be, then, punish her later for it (This is what -I- do, this is NOT a must). Don't believe that you are of two personalities, they are one in the same, you just need to figure out how to convince yourself subconciously of that.

The alternative is: Don't be forceful, maybe you and/or she are not ready for the commands that encite and control the situations of lust and/or submission. Try to be coddeling to her, stroke her furtherest arm, your's draped along her shoulders, and whisper or speak calmly, confidently, "How was your day, my pet?" and move on like that, slowly ease your way into "Your Master desires your flesh, remove your shorts." It sounds really corny and very manipulative, but, if she is submissive, she will find it arousing, that you can remain caring, calm, and dominating all at once. Typically. This is my way of doing it when I want to make-love and not just fuck my pet. I'll also do it in public when I wanna be discreet, telling her to squirm and imagine my cock ramming into her. Again though, this might be pushing it. Stay with what you're comfortable with, you can only take what we provide with a grain of salt, for we don't all think alike.

Something you might try while watching, and if you have DVR style recordings of Gilmour Girls, order her to pause, and then actively engage in the show, ask her what she thinks is going on. This is healthy as well as arousing. Most people blank out and only remember pivotal moments of shows, and this makes us as a society a bit more ADD every year. Stopping and relfecting, thinking, about the show midway or so through it is a technique to help memorization skills, no matter how keen your's might appear to be. This will take you down a more health and mind orientated domination, personally my favorite type becuase you can delve into the idea of mind control this way, convince them they have no control, you are truly their only form of control of their body, mind, and heart. This is slightly darker than most concepts if abused wrongly, and not advised, but a given aspect to explore. This, also, is not something I've particuarly done nor know a couple who have attempted it, this is something I've read only from slightly fictionated or mostly literal first hand accounts of how a Dom trains their pet/slave.

Note: MC is suggestive, not literal, in its connotation, I AM aware of this.

Edit: I agree Seb, my GF and I have been at this for about two years and I still have SOME confidence issues.

Fileboom Premium Account