Hi, newbie full of questions!

not so vanilla

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hi, thanks again all for your time in replying and for the great advice and opinions.
I think you're all right in that he needs time but you are right Roland in that I am already becoming a bit bored and starting to resent it a bit.
We had a brief chat last night but were both really tired so didn't go into to much depth but he did agree to try and read the sm101 book and to find out a bit about the bondage know how! It's a big step forward but I just hope he carries it out. He said he just wants to relax when he's home from work and unlike me doesn't find reading and searching for info on the internet relaxing! So I'm going to try out savannah's advice to make a word document of snippets of info for him to look at in small chunks. He admitted he was quite happy as we were as our sex life had improved so much and he wants to take it slowly. I tried to explain that we don't have to move too fast with it but I'd feel more comfortable if he read a bit about it before moving onto anything heavier. I think he gets it! And I think at some point soon like subarama30 said I'll have to bite the bullet and tell him what I want and try to think of it as serving him as Sebastian said! Wow that will be a hard one for me!
Anyway thanks again all and I've starting looking for a few stories on here to read together and am going to get the movie Roland suggested. So I just hope he keeps his side of the agreement now!

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

sebastian

Also, keep in mind that he may not really understand what a sub wants and needs. It's easy to understand what a dom wants and why--most people love the idea of getting their way all the time. Understanding what a sub wants is a lot harder--why do subs like treatment most people would dislike, and why do they want 'negative' things like humiliation and being forced to have sex? So he may simply be thinking "I don't understand why she likes giving me sex all the time, but I'll take it." If that's where he's at, he hasn't realized that you have to enjoy serving him, and just giving him lots of sex may not be enough for you. In other words, he doesn't realize that you need something in exchange for all that sex.

Subs often think that what they want is obvious. It's obvious to you that you want to be tied down, spanked, humiliated, or whatever else you fantasize about. But it's not obvious to him. He can't read your mind (the omnipotent mind-reading sub is a very common submissive fantasy, but it's not real), so you need to help him understand what you want by telling him what you want.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

lasubbie101

This is amazing!

I am so glad I read all of your posts! My husband and my self are in exactly the same position! I have been so worried about seeming "pushy" asking him to read this or that. I highlighted the main points in Screw the Roses and he read most of that. I guess I am so into reading everything I can find I feel like he is not putting effort into developing out d/s relationship since we are both newbies. When I read not so vanillas post it was almost word for word what we are going through. Thank you all so much for the time
Spent on the great advise!

Fileboom Premium Account