Devotion Issues

subspace

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

praefect

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I don't see it as a matter of self control, our emotions can override our logical side in intense relationships.
Sorry praefect if I missed the mark on this one, just speaking from personal experience. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay, my internet cut out.

That's my personal experience as well. But that experience is so dated. I mean, seriously, how else would a 19 year old end up in a relationship with a 40 year old women with two kids if he didn't throw out all reason at some point, to the point of clinical insanity.

I just sort of hoped that... that during the the last 8 years stuff like that became less of a problem than it was in my teens.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

monocrome

Really?

If she has hopes for a long term commitment on my part,... no, she can't. Impossible. She knows that my long term goals and her don't mesh.

She a smart women and she has a lot of self control. I can't really imagine her setting herself up for a painful situation like that.

she does not have a lot of self control while she is giving it all to you, which is sometimes a way to justify ones feelings and wants for more than what is supposed to be there (also a convenient way to not have to take responsibility for things if they don't work out).

also, this phrase concerns me: "she knows that my long term goals and hers don't mesh." just something to think about. if they don't mesh... why enter into this? it sounds like someone is going to get hurt.

but then again, i am the type to give utterly and completely and have made the mistakes i am talking about, so it is possible i am just internalizing this discussion too much.

Fileboom Premium Account

praefect

We're both seeking fun and we're both seeking new experiences, that much I know. The experiences she is after are on different level those that I am after, but that's another story. And we like each other. A commitment though requires love. Love requires time. The levels of love that I am used to, they at least require time - face time -, to develop. Does her level of "like" and trust extend into something more than that? I don't know. I don't think so, but I don't know.

Hm...

Imagine for a second that you're deeply in love. You love everything about your partner, you even love all his flaws, and you know them all. You know him well enough you can predict most of his reactions to any one thing. And then you sit down with him and open and honestly talk about the future and you realize that after 8 years together you're futures are not compatible at all. You set a date on which to end the relationship. A rational choice that is talked over and planned by both sides. While both of you are working on your own respective futures you still live together, you still feel all that love, and you laugh at dumb jokes and you are touched when you see him choke up at a stupid movie you only watched to spent some time with him. At night sometimes you read to him until he falls asleep with a content smile on his face, telling you he loves you before he's out. You're happy, because you've mastered the ability to stay in the now. He hasn't, and to him there are days that feel like a long goodbye, that crush him, and you do your best to sooth his pain. It's for the best you tell him. And he agrees, but it still kills him, and seeing that, it kills you. Then the day comes when your ways part and you know that you will not see each other for a very long time. Maybe never again. And you kiss him goodbye, and you thank him, and you cry together, and it feels like you are reaching into your own chest ripping your heart out - but you know it's the right thing to do, so you do it.

That's where I'm coming from.

My emotions overwrote my reasoning when I was a teen. I grew past that. I suppose that's why I expect others to be able to do the same.

But you did make an excellent point there. She doesn't have that level of self control while with me. That would be the point of the entire exercise now, wouldn't it. :)

This is new territory for me. I don't know where it will lead, but she's still a person with the ability to use her god given senses and her experience to judge a situation. She still has to be responsible for her own emotional well being, and if she sees that playing with me would cause her harm, stop doing that. And if she doesn't, learn from falling on her ass.

Someone may get hurt. That's a possibility, but that's always a possibility where intimacy of any kind is involved and shouldn't be a reason not to enjoy yourself, to live a little in the now.

Really, I'm only worried about screwing this up somehow at this point. Having her arrive at my doorstep and just go blank. I already threw out my entire plan. Throughout this week I learned that planning the way I used to do it doesn't work when you can't predict exactly what your playpartner is going to do.

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow69

Really?

If she has hopes for a long term commitment on my part,... no, she can't. Impossible. She knows that my long term goals and her don't mesh.

She a smart women and she has a lot of self control. I can't really imagine her setting herself up for a painful situation like that.

Remember, people often want that which they know they cannot have more then that which they know they can. If you've made it clear that their is no chance at a long term relationship, she could be hoping that that will change, and going the extra mile in hops of you seeing that she can be everything you need...

Fileboom Premium Account

monocrome

We're both seeking fun and we're both seeking new experiences, that much I know. The experiences she is after are on different level those that I am after, but that's another story. And we like each other. A commitment though requires love.

*sidebar* (lol ... i'm going to get dragged off to punishment-land for all of my "sidebar") i must humbly disagree with you that commitment requires love... at least, traditional "normal" love.

Fileboom Premium Account

praefect

Well, not everybody needs it. I do though.

So, my weekend. It was intense. I'm not sure... heh... about anything at all that happened. I'm still processing it. I'd like to think now though that I got uneasy because she lied to me, and I picked that up somehow.

That I somehow had a clue of what was in store for me.

I'm still processing it.

Her core was exposed, and there lay some very deep emotional pain. Grief. There were signs. Well, not really, but I had a feeling. I ignored it since she kept claiming she was alright. I only have experience with one partner. Now I don't trust myself to be a judge of what goes on in the minds of people I don't know as well as I did her.

After she broke down and revealed why she really came dominating, well, it was about as far from my mind as possible. I spent until Sunday night trying to "fix" her. It involved a lot of talking and a lot of crying. And the experience is going to help her a lot I think. Not immediately. But she took steps that at least will take her in the right direction. And I can honestly say I helped with that.

One snapshot:
I lie above her, she's weeping. I sleep with her, gently, and tell her things like "It'S alright. He's dead. It's alright. You're not cheating." And her emotional pain and grief wash over to me and become my pain.

The experience left me in a coma all Monday. I had to call in sick. I can't recall the last time I was so emotionally and physically taxed. Whatever it was, it wasn't a game. I really wanted to help her. But then, all Monday I was to weak to do anything other than lay in bed in a dark mood, mixed with melancholy. Whenever I fell asleep I had nightmares.

I still feel like I have a hangover.

The whole ordeal. It's not what I had in mind. It's not something I got off on. It was actually quite painful at times, feeling another persons pain, emotional pain, sharing that... not something I'd like to do again anytime soon. Not on that level.

The dynamics of a D/s relationship, even in a playdate kind of setting, right now I have the feeling I don't understand any of it at all. I'm very unsure if it will ever be something that comes naturally to me again outside of my last relationship.

But slowly I'm regaining my center. I can see her coming to me with a very specific goal in mind. Determined. And she knew what that would mean for her. I found a way to make that happen, but I hate that she wasn't honest with me from the beginning.

It's not at all what I had in mind. Not the experience I wanted to get out of it from the start. There was no submission there. Or maybe there was. Is it submission when you want to be held by someone as you let go of something? I think not. It's something. I'm not sure what the right word for it would be. And I did get something out of it. I'm not sure what that might be yet either. I'm not sure if it was worth the price. I'm not sure if I even had a choice.

Fileboom Premium Account