The random chat/off topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow69

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

So my recent brush with cancer has brought back a lot of thoughts from my past to the surface and helped me to realize that as we get wrapped up in the worlds around us we tend to lose sight of the freedoms we all cling to so dearly. This world we live in has so much beauty to offer but most of us never see it. We go along on our day to day activities, and sure we'll catch sight of something really beautiful but for the most part, we pass it by every single day without ever really realizing it.

So my question to you all is this... When is the last time you saw something in nature that was so beautiful that you wept just from having seen it?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Kor

I occasionally take red and the Yamaha and we go for an oh-dark-thirty ride to watch the sunrise.

One morning we were following a road in some hill country, watching the sky get brighter. We saw a bright glow over a hill, but when we crested it wasn't the sun... it was a whole valley, on fire.

I was tempted to whack the throttle open and go for it, but I figured the road would be full of small wildlife, so we watched the sun come up, and the arrival of the fire crews, before we turned back.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Ceilidh

Getting stitches out doesnt hurt at all!

I call bullshit.

Lol. Seriously. My poor walls got pinched while he was trying to find the stitches and taking them out.

That's right. My stitches are officially out and I have 2 weeks left. I'm nearly a nervous wreck. I think I passed my mucus plug last night - you know that feeling, I have to pee and it's 4 am so I'm not awake. Plus hubby is going out of town this fri and sat. So, yeah. I am really hoping I don't have this baby this week.

Fileboom Premium Account

So my recent brush with cancer has brought back a lot of thoughts from my past to the surface and helped me to realize that as we get wrapped up in the worlds around us we tend to lose sight of the freedoms we all cling to so dearly. This world we live in has so much beauty to offer but most of us never see it. We go along on our day to day activities, and sure we'll catch sight of something really beautiful but for the most part, we pass it by every single day without ever really realizing it.

So my question to you all is this... When is the last time you saw something in nature that was so beautiful that you wept just from having seen it?

I dont know if I wept, lol, but catching even the smallest facets in day to day life is something I dont pass up! I take nothing for granted due to my history, so that being said, the most recent thing I encountered.. Took me back!! I got back home to the ranch late as ever and was intercepted by an Antelope! Even crazier.. she let me touch her. Now she hangs around and waits for me to put breakfast out, LOL!

Fileboom Premium Account

Ceilidh

Well. Oct is turning out to be something else.

Hubby went to his contest - 4 hours away - and I ended up in labor.

Baby was born in the wee hours of oct 1. I at least was able to have him on the phone as I delivered. Oct 2 we were able to go home. And today is my first day with two kids. Not fun.

Anyways, me and baby are doing about as fine as we can get.

Fileboom Premium Account

Ceilidh

Thanks smallest.

I know I haven't been around the forum as much as I used to. The way I looked at it, why put myself through the misery of reading about what I cant have. Since I got pregnant our play time went to the back burner first because we didn't want to take any risks, this was our 4th pregnancy & second child. Then we found out I have an incompetent cervix, and then that really effected our already limited play time. Now I have 6-8 wks to wait for the doctor's "all clear." Maybe then I'll be able to be an active member again.

Maybe. Maybe longer. I think hubby said something about getting something pierced, on me, as soon as I'm healed.

Fileboom Premium Account

Status
Not open for further replies.