The random chat/off topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hey, guys, this is way off topic, but pretty important. If you're here in the US, you've heard that WI governor Scott Walker is trying to break the power of the public unions. As a historian, one of the things I understand is that labor unions are a critical component of the American middle class. Labor unions force wages up to a level that an average worker can enter the middle class. So without them, the American middle class will contract to its pre-labor union levels (which is about 10% of the total population). And my instincts as a historian tell me that this fight is going to be a major turning point in American economic history. If Walker succeeds, we're going to see public unions broken across the country, with disastrous consequences for average people.

If you care about this cause, please contact the following companies, which are all Walker supporters, and tell them that you won't purchase any of their products until they pressure Walker to withdraw the bill:

SC Johnson (makes of Pledge, Windex, Ziploc, Raid, and more)
http://www.scjohnson.com/en/home.aspx
Sargento Cheese (they make a lot of those packets of shredded cheese in the refrigerator section)
http://www.sargento.com/contact/
MillerCoors (the beer company)
http://www.millercoors.com/contact-us.aspx

Please take 10 minutes to contact these companies.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Ceilidh

Why does it seem like there are NO aftermarket rims in the exact size I need?! I swear the world is against me and my VW bug.

I have only found one set of rims online that fits the specs - 16x6.5 5x100 lug, 42 offset - and they are just WAY too girly!! I'm serious. They are fricking white! WHITE!! White petals and a yellow center! They look just like a flippin DAISY!!! Hell, their style name is even "daisy". All these rims are good for is a laugh.

Fileboom Premium Account

Ceilidh

Well. Good news. I found new rims for my car.

The funny thing is the garage I went through....well the guy/owner I talked to was very impressed with my knowledge about the rims and specs on my car. Anyways I ended up finding a new set of rims and tires for my car. I'm so happy about how they look on the car. Now if I can only find a black bug in a junk yard and turn my red bug into a Black Widow. :)

Ahh, what a dream....hehee.

Fileboom Premium Account

Frostig

Finding true love? Can't find it myself. Me personally I just play a game with myself. First is love at first sight, finding someone that looks like what I have in mind such as a short cute girl with pink and black hair that wears cute things. Then when I find a girl that matches it ill talk to her. If she has a friendly and cute personality ill pursue making friends with her and see if I could go farther. Though if she just rolls her eyes or gives me a crappy attitude then she's not worth the effort, drop it completely then and there and go on with my marry life and do the things I love to do. Keep your head up and remember that they aren't worth your time, not the other way around :3

Fileboom Premium Account

Death

Hmm... well, I have impossible desires; that is the problem. I am totally obsessed with virginity and the sharing of it between the two true loves, need to have a romantic suicide pact with my girl, and more. The girls who have agreed with me so far were the chaotic types that I broke up with after they were unfaithful to me, or one broke up with me because of my exceptionally conservative views on intimacy.

It's funny. Some months ago I realized that I have Asperger's; a "syndrome" that makes you fit in pretty much nowhere. It's also been known as "wrong planet syndrome". I really do NOT fit on this planet - I do NOT see what I am doing here. I do NOT feel human and I am pretty much psychotic in some of my views, and I am glad about that. Glad, that is, not happy. I am never happy, ever. Last time I was truly happy was when I was a small child. My life holds no meaning other than collecting pointless stuff that doesn't make me the slightest bit happier, and obsessing about my looks that have never made me any happier, either. It's like I'm rotting inside, and I also have become so suspicious of any other girls that have contacted me... which is good, since lies are everywhere. Lies lies lies. And the funny part is that at the same time, I always kind of expect everyone I find an interest in to be truthful to me, despite my suspicions. But people do not care about the consequences of lying. If lying takes them forward towards their corrupted goal then that is okay in most people's view.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.