Switching between BDSM&vanilla relationships

EG1984

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hey everyone, i am a new member of this forum and a new member of the BDSM life style.
I was wondering about how and even if it's possible to switch between a BDSM relationship to a vanilla relationship - not with the same partner, rather with your next partner/s?
I found that the BDSM life suits me very much, i enjoy both the perks AND responsibilities of being a master, but i also want want some realistic perspective, since i know that maybe my next partner will not be partial to this life.

My question is directed for those with experience in the field, but of course any and every opinion is very much welcome!

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

A lot depends on the personalities involved and the chemistry between them. My slave and I are very serious about power exchange, but I have a lot of romantic moments with him. I could definitely do a vanilla relationship, although I would definitely feel that something was missing, and I would hope that my partner was appreciative that I was giving up something important for him.

Fileboom Premium Account

Faravid

I have once gone from a relationship where BDSM elements were included into a totally vanilla relationship. When the relationship was altogether fine (for the first half a year), I didn't really feel too bad about everything being vanilla - although I cherished every moment I could take a firm hold of her jaw while kissing :) She felt it passionate, I felt like having control. When the relationship went worse (a long story short: she tried to make me a substitute for a spine - nightly calls piping about how she can't make it without me, demanding me to drive 150 km to her that instant, threatening with hurting herself if I didn't, all that stuff), I realized that in order to enjoy sex, I had to fantasize about making her submit. The worse things went, the more I longed for dominance. So, at least for me it would seem to be OK for a relationship to be vanilla if it's otherwise good; but if it's bad, the absence of BDSM elements will add to the cons. On the other hand, of course, there's no use staying in a bad relationship, BDSM or not.

However, the greatest lesson I learnt from her was recognizing the signs of high time to bottle it up and go. That relationship lasted for a year and a half, and the first half a year was the good part. She had an enormous gift of making me feel guilty for things I knew I had no part in. Vanilla or BDSM, it's good to bear in mind that being honest to yourself is essential. If it feels good, carry on. If it doesn't, figure out if you can make it better. If you can't, ditch it. I hope I made at least some sense.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited: