Happiness in a vanilla relationship?

Moonlight

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Personally I do not think you can ever move past them. You can bury them and even convince yourself you don't want to for a time. But it wont last because it is who you are. You can I am sure be happy with him but if you are already feeling something missing I suspect you always will. But like others have said you are really young. I would just enjoy the here and now and not worry about it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Last edited:

Virtually no one today spends their life with a partner they found at 19. It's incredibly rare. So just accept that you will probably not spend forever with this guy. Enjoy the relationship for what it's worth .

That's the problem with labeling relationships as kinky or vanilla, it's like saying I only like ketchup on my hotdogs when you've never tried mustard, let alone relish, sauerkraut or any other condiment.

Relationships should build mutual support, respect, and satisfaction. If you consider that the number 2 cause of divorce is sexual issues (cheating, incompatibility, impotence, infertility - number 1 is money) then you need to face the fact that you and he need to come to terms with your needs or you'll need to move on - eventually.

Back to 'worth' - learn what you can from the relationship. Don't be in a hurry to dump it, try and teach each other. He may come around after realizing that what you want is not really all that kinky. You may find that you get more out of the relationship that just sex. It's up to you to place a value on what you are receiving from the relationship.

Fileboom Premium Account

Hi Need2Serve,
I would suggest you start to think about this as a relationship challenge, and not focus on the details of your particular kink.

If you feel you want to be in a long term relationship, then both of you will need to learn to adapt to each others' ways. For a guy this could be as simple as picking up his dirty clothes and putting them in the laundry basket :)

One thing you might want to consider is that modern society can be quite challenging for men because it is still in a state of transition from male-dominated attitudes to real equality. If you want to know what I mean, just watch the first few episodes of Mad Men to see how far we've come! So your partner may feel he's trying to do the "right thing" in resisting what he may see as something "wrong"...something that he may see as demeaning women. The folks on thos board understand that it's all about consent and roleplay, but "vanilla" folks don't. So you need to take it one step at a time and try to put yourself into his mindset so you can better understand his concerns.

(Note - I'm making a lot of assumptions with this idea here, so please forgive me if I'm off-target)

As other people in this thread have already suggested, you need to dial back the demands on him to give him a very gentle "soft landing" on your fantasies. Don't put him under pressure as he struggles to come to terms with this.

By the way - it sounds like he's already listening to you - which is great.

You need to reward him for listening.

Re-inforce this positive behaviour. I know it sounds silly, but you cannot expect a man to be a mind reader in a relationship. If he's started to do something "good" (ie. listening and not outright rejecting your position) then tell him how much you appreciate that.

In fact this could give you an ideal opportunity for a "next step"...you are going to "reward him" for listening to you by granting one of his secret fantasies.

He might say: "But sweetheart, I don't have fantasies - I'm a boring vanilla guy. I only want to do it with the lights off in the Missionary Position."

Of course this isn't the case (I hope!!!). Almost every "vanilla" guy will have something he wants - and that is just as much of a fantasy as your desrire to be dominated. You just need to make him understand that.

So let's pick a "fantasy" that every guy wants (no so secret, this one). The "surprise blow job". Men get a hard on in the morning (it's a widely accepted evolutionary thing). Our dream come true is for our partner to "notice" and give us a blow job without us having to ask - even without them saying a single word (ie. don't say "would like a BJ?". Imagine he's just waking up...and as usual he has a huge woodie...and you just slip under the bedclothes and take him in your mouth.

After you please him, you pop up next him, smiling sweetly, and wiping your lips like you just had the most delicious spoonful of Ben & Jerrys ever; and you thank him for listenng to you "the other day". If you feel he really needs a blunt approach tell him how much you love to make his fantasies come true.

Then you hop out of bed and go take a shower. You don't demand anything in return from him for your wonderful gift. He's left there feeling delightfully satisfied, and perhaps a tad confused.

(BTW - you've just had quite a submissive experience, whether he acknowledges that or not)

Hopefully you see what I'm trying to do here:

• You've rewarded him for listening to you, and that means he knows he did a good thing and will probably try to do it again.
  • You've reminded him that what you just did - and what he really enjoyed is "not normal". He has kinky fantasies too...and you value and respect them.
  • He may not make this step in his mind...but I guess with more pointers he might get there. He needs to understand that if he cares about you then he should value and respect your fantasies too (up to the point where there could be physical harm, etc.).

Each time he makes a mental or physical step in the right direction, you must tell him he's making you happy. Again - don't expect him to read your mind. If he really cares about you, he will be "feeling his way" towards making you happy, and you need to tell him if he takes even the smallest step in the right direction. Keep giving him rewards too. Keep referring to those rewards as "making his fantasies come true".

Since you are now (hopefully) engaged in an ongoing conversation about fantasies with him, you've achieved two important milestones.

• He has tacitly accepted that fantasy play, in however mild a form, is now a part of your relationship.
  • You are "serving" him...just like a slave would. You are doing his bidding, and whether he knows it or not, he is now taking the first steps to becoming your Master.

OK...so here's hoping that makes sense so far.

Even if it doesn't...let me go back to the idea that this is a relationship challenge.

Most books about relationships are crap, but this one actually has some useful advice. I've cut and pasted the most important and relevant bit for you here, but early sections on conflict resolution are great too.

Good luck, and take it slowly.

Cheers,
Stanley

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Principl...9855088&sr=8-1

“Your sexual life will be further enhanced if you feel safe enough
to share your sexual fantasies with each other and even act them out
together. This is a very delicate area. Although fantasies are the home
of imagination, variety, and adventure in a marriage, very few
couples are able to share their fantasies and then find some way of
honoring them within their sex life. If you are able to share your
fantasies, the result will be great intimacy, romance, and excitement.
Try to cultivate the idea that within the boundaries of your
marriage, all wishes, images, fantasies, and desires are acceptable.
Nothing is intrinsically bad or disgusting. You can say no to your
partner's request, but don't disparage it. Expressing a fantasy
requires a great deal of trust, so take care to be tender when you hear
of a fantasy your partner has. If it's not one of your own, but it's not a
turn-off, then agree to it. Don't take it personally if your spouse
wants you to pretend to be a stranger, a nurse, or a pirate. Just
consider it play The idea, the desire, the fantasy is usually not
understood at all by the person expressing it. No one knows why
particular fantasies are erotic to certain people, they just are.â€

Fileboom Premium Account

Need2Serve

stanely_jeffries- While your post was very great and informative, unfortunately I have tried this, multiple times, if I even make a move towards wanting to give him a "surprise blow job" he stops me, no matter if it's at night in the morning or just during the day. No matter how much I push him for his fantasies or fetishes the answer is always "I don't have any". So I would love to reward him for listening but it's just not possible, he almost broke up with me because I wanted to have too much sex (I'm sorry that I'd like to have sex more than once a month) now we just don't have any because I'm trying to respect his wishes and not continue pushing him for sex.

Fileboom Premium Account

Gosh, I'm so sorry that's case, Need2Serve.

If you're sure about what you just wrote then I think you have a decision to make. Do you really want to invest the best years of your life in a person who seems so different in their sexual tastes?

Differences in a relationship can be incredibly good - but not when it comes to the bedroom. In bed we need to want things that are similar enough for us both to enjoy what we do there.

Do you really want to carry on in a relationship where, right from the very beginning, there is a flaw that is both real and highly significant?

Over a third of marriages here in the UK end in divorce - and those couples presumably thought they were compatible when they made their decision to marry. You're in a relationship where you know there is an enormous incompatibility...and it's a situation that is clearly making you unhappy.

You said you fear being single. Believe me that a 19 year old, female sub is not going to be single for very long :)

I'm not trying to trivialize the challenge of finding the "right man", but settling for somebody you know is the "wrong man" seems like a bad decision to me.

There are plenty of women out there who aren't interested in sex (or so a lot of men think). Let him find one...and they can be miserable together.

You should go and find one of the many men who would value somebody like you. It's your life...and there is no second chance. We all have a right to happiness, but sometimes we need to work to make that happen.

Cheers,
Stanley

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Need: I don't think you've said how old this guy is, but I'm guessing if you're 19 he's fairly close to your age. Older guys sometimes see their sex drive run down, but guys in their late teens and early 20s usually are willing to have sex pretty readily. So to me, the fact that he resists having sex with you is a sign that something fairly odd is going on. A couple possibilities:

1) He's gay but either doesn't realize it yet or afraid to admit it. He might be using you as a 'beard'.
2) He's lost his attraction for you but doesn't want to tell you for fear of hurting you. Maybe knowing you're kinky has really changed his view of you.
3) He was sexually abused as a child and sex with you is touching some emotional wound. Or he's suffering from chronic depression over something.
4) He has some sort of medical condition that is depressing his sex drive.
5) He's one of the small percentage of people who simply don't have much of a sex drive.

Regardless, it's clear that you and he are really incompatible sexually. I think the best thing for you is to break up with him. And do it sooner rather than later. If your relationship has reached the stage where he's avoiding sex with you, the relationship is doing poorly. I spent 8 years with a man I loved who gradually lost all willingness to have sex with me (at one point, when I tried to initiate sex, he actually said "I'm rejecting you."), so I know what that feels like, and let me tell you, it's horrid. It makes you feel ugly and worthless. Staying with this guy and trying to make the relationship work is just going to wear you down, and you're not likely to fix whatever is eating at this guy. You're young--you'll find kinky guys who will be glad to have dominant sex with you.

Fileboom Premium Account

Need - I really think you need to get over your fear of being alone and accept that this relationship isn't really going anywhere.

You are both too different, not just the whole kink/vanilla thing but if he has little or no sex drive, or at least doesn't with you, this is not good. You obviously want and need a sexual relationship and if he isnt willing to talk about things or rejects you when you try to initiate things then there is a serious problem.

Whilst a lot can affect a mans sex drive (my guy is 20yrs older so I get the age thing) and even depression and stress, at your sort of age I can't think of much that would make a guy not want sex. Yes he may just have a low sex drive in which case you are too young to deal with decades of no sex. If he has simply lost interest in you but like you, maybe doesn't want to be alone, you have been cheated of time and a fulfilling relationship/sex.

It is sounding like he has too much baggage to deal with. Get out while you can and enjoy your life!

Fileboom Premium Account

Need2Serve

I know why we don't have sex. He is 12 years older than me, he is constantly stressed and unhappy with his life, on top of that we're both overweight and he has admitted to me that he does not find me physically attractive (except apparently my face) so between him not being happy with his weight and thinking I'm too fat he has no urge to have sex with me (it sucks, it has even made me incredibly self conscious about my weight and body which is part of the reason I don't think I'll find anyone else). But because of that my mind keeps thinking that it will work if I lose weight.

But I do know that eventually we will need to end things.

Fileboom Premium Account