BDSM illegal?

Ruelee

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Part of the problem could be the way that this sort of thing is seen, everything not normal(tm) is highly taboo, it seems, and that puts a lot of people against it. They don't know about it, they don't understand it, they just see the preconceptions and stereotypes, judge on that, and we feel the brunt of it.
It could be a little difficult to educate people on it though. You can't exactly have one of those days at school where they bring people in to talk about what they do, and have a master and their sub come in. You'd have parents up in flames over it, for a start.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Precious

I think a lot of it has to do with religion too, which i'm in a two story house and its 5am so I can't go get my bible to actually tell you the phrases in the bible and be all knowledge awesome like sebastian, but nothing in the bible says anything against BDSM. There are some things invovled in BDSM that might be against the bible, say multiple partners and laying with someone of the same sex but the actual act of dominance over another person, even name calling or striking in the bedroom is not against the bible. That also being said, many people do not understand BDSM so they simply see it as abuse - or you have those who dont understand and use it as an excuse TO abuse, a guy (or girl) will see a sub and think 'well they like to be abused.' and that actually brings into the law problem that Sebastian mentioned earlier that they would coerce the victim into saying it was consensual. That is the downside of this lifestyle, it lives on such a rocky and dangerous edge.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Ruelee

Well that's there the trust element comes in. Even before I gave myself willingly to Master, I trusted her far more than I ever have anyone else, and now after, I trust her even more. I trust she won't take advantage of my willing submission to her.
Maybe it does live on the edge... but with the safety rope of trust, if it's strong enough to supprt both of us, then that's what makes it so fun.

Fileboom Premium Account

Precious

I agree completely! But, like any risky/on the edge life style, outsiders see it and if they don't understand it they end up getting hurt or something else getting hurt. Take sky diving, cliff diving, river rafting, alligator wrestling, all risky on the edge life styles some people do probably most their adult life and love it. Then there are others who see this, misjudge it, try to sky dive without knowing all the facts and end up road kill

Fileboom Premium Account

Precious

sillylittlepet

depends on country :)

For sure in the US its a really lengthy period of time
A lot of it has to do with child molestation. And honestly, I dont want to live next to people who are convicted child molesters
but
for falsely accused people (and I know one) it can really be life destroying and that's a shame
US society (among other places) can be really uptight despite what they show on TV

we cant even get a little topfreedom around here!!

Fileboom Premium Account