Drugs + BDSM?

KittenMittens

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Discaimer: I do not advocate the use of illegal substances, and I absolutely recommend checking up on the laws in your country before experimenting with substances.

I am just very curious about how people treat substances while engaging in their kinks. Do you ever have a drink, or something else, while playing? What are your thoughts on it, do you think it's dangerous or do you think that depends on the drug and how much you take? Have you found it enhancing your experience or giving it an extra edge, or is it too much of a distraction (again depending on the drug)?

I'm especially interested to know if anyone has experimented with psychedelics during an act of bondage, and how that felt. I'm not interested in trying it myself as I don't dabble in psychedelics, but I'm just curious as to what kind of effect that would have on someone who is (willingly) tied up and perhaps even sensory deprived. Did it add or remove from the sexual element?

I'm also interested to hear about the effects of caffeine on an experience not just with bondage but all aspects of BDSM. How does caffeine alter the experience, if it does so?

I hope this thread isn't stepping too far into the realms of illegal, so I would prefer keeping the discussion to legal experiences, unless a mod confirms it's okay to talk about past illegal drug experiences.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Last edited:
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Smallest

It's a terrible idea, to keep my answer short. I don't have any experiences to tell you (Tall and I are both completely sober), but drugs (or alcohol) change how you see things, your inhibitions, etc. It's a good way too do something you normally wouldn't and regret it, or for a sub to end up injured or dead because the dom made a bad judgement call. This is especially for couples who engage in edge play, or even 'choking' that is a harmless hand touching the throat.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

A drink or two is probably not a danger, but dom and sub need to be essentially sober. The dom needs to be sober in order to use the sub safely and be attuned to the sub's small cues of pleasure or discomfort. The sub needs to be sober to recognize when it's time to safe word. Failure on other party's part means a risk that the sub will be injured physically or emotionally.

Fileboom Premium Account

spider

It's a little short sighted (but only a little) to say that when adrenaline, endorphines and seretonin, the most potent of all neuro chemicals (all other drugs effect the production of these three chemicals in some way thus producing their effects) all come into play within any emotional experience, especially one as intense as BDSM. The problem isn't the drugs, it's how those drugs effect the person taking them that's important. Someone who's very unused or just very suseptable to caffeine can get very aggressive after a cup of coffe or a redbull, while someone who drinks almost every day can probably have a couple of glasses of wine and not have it impact their mental state to any great extent. But it is the devils chemistry, if you do know someone who does use drugs you need to be 110% sure they're level on them, you need to know what they're like sober, and what they're like high, and you need to know you can trust them in both states. If you don't, or you have the slightest hint of doubt or they have even the slightest hint of uncontrolled rage, psychotic or worse sociopathic behavior then do not let your self get in a vulnerable position with them, just do not chance it, no matter how much you love them. And if you think they need to drugs, no matter what they are, legal or illegal to some how get into the head space of being Dom or submissive then they're using them as a crutch to be someone they arn't and again you need to avoid letting your self be vulnerable to them. Using drugs to modify a personality can cause schizophrenic tendencies as the hardwired subconscious tries to override the altered consciousness. However if they are that one in a million person who has a history of recreationally using drugs without getting them selves arrested or otherwise fucking them selves and those around them up then so long as everything is in moderation things should be ok.

However one golden rule, a sub CAN NOT give informed adult consent if they are not sober. Decide what your going to do and place a pre agreed limit or time constraint that is well within your known limits before you have have one or two drinks and DO NOT alter the idea that was consented to in any way after that cork has been popped.

It's also worth noting that very few males can sustain an erection (which kinda defeats the purpose) if they're on anything stronger than cannabis. Their nervous systems just cant get it together long enough.

One other thing, watch out for the effect of medically prescribed drugs on any one your involved with. People think those are safe cause doctors hand them out but the physical and physiological side effects can be just as bad as with illegal drugs. It doesn't matter if some one got steroids from a doctor or a dealer, they will feel increased energy and aggression. In fact the doctors ones are likely to be subtler and more insidious in their effects (because they are dosed in a reasonably controlled manner) and so easier to not notice until it's to late.

What ever you do, research exactly what it is you are doing before hand from as many different sources as possible while you are sober..

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Spider's comment about subs not being able to consent when they are not sober is an important one, and the point of negotiating consent prior to any drug use and then sticking to the boundaries of that consent is a good rule. However, I stick by my original statement. Using drugs or alcohol in any significant amount during or just before play is a BAD idea.

Fileboom Premium Account