What's the difference?

subspace

Sparrow69

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Close, but no cigar. There's an old saying.. "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."
Typically, its the overall level of commitment and dedication on both parts. A slave, surrenders all rights, and enters into a lifetime agreement (a la level 9) and a 24/7 sub still retains the rights to terminate sessions and have limits. (level 7 and 8)

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

subspace

Sparrow69

in my book, no. while a sub can be called a slave, by definition, they are still a sub until they have no freedoms. while one of mine still attends college, she does so because i told her to. She also gets the minimum grads i told her to get, eats what i tell her to eat, wears what i tell her to wear, and attends classes I selected. So does she still have a life outside the scene, yes to some it would seem so. but to us, since she makes no decisions for herself, then i say no.

this reverts back to not all scenes being sexual in nature. just because shes not naked and being flogged, doesnt mean the slave isnt under the command of her dominant.

Fileboom Premium Account

fuggles

so how can a sub be 24/7 when they are not giving up their entire life? If they are making decisions for themselves then how can their relationship with their master be 24/7?

a 24/7 slave seems obvious, but a 24/7 sub seems somewhat subjective and/or arbitrary.

one distinction maybe 24/7 subs have some freedoms that are pre-negotiated.

my perception is there is a wide grey line. i agree with one author on the subject who made a point about labels. labels are good/useful if we all agree on the definition. otherwise they are somewhat meaningless.

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow - I can't help but wonder where I would fit in your classification. I have certain freedoms, but, within guidelines set by My Lord. For example, I choose my own clothes, but, under the rules of what he finds acceptable/pleasing and wishes me to wear. I make certain day to day decisions, but, within the bounds of his rules and guidelines. I often choose what to make for dinner, but, do so in accordance to what he likes, or wishes for me to eat. Same applies for going out with friends. He allows me to go out and meet people, but, under the rules that he knows where I'm going and with whom and the knowledge that he holds ultimate veto power to that as well if he feels that a person or situation is not appropriate.

I think the biggest thing is my job. I have full discretion when it comes to my career. He provides guidance when and where appropriate, but, for the most part, my career is mine. I would say the same applies to my son as well. He definitely has input into things pertaining to my son, but, ultimately, those decisions are mine as well...

I guess my feeling is that a Master does not have to make every minute decision, but simply provide the rules/guidelines/expectations that their sub/slave is to act within and allow for decisions to be made within those boundaries. Does this negate it from being considered 24/7?

Fileboom Premium Account

subspace

one distinction maybe 24/7 subs have some freedoms that are pre-negotiated.

This seems to be where you fit best MLML

my perception is there is a wide grey line. i agree with one author on the subject who made a point about labels. labels are good/useful if we all agree on the definition. otherwise they are somewhat meaningless.

Maybe not so much as meaningless but open for interpretation and gives those of us who like to use labels/categories to help sort and organize information. I dont expect any clear cut black and white answers but I am interested in how individual Dom's and subs view the difference for themselves.

Welcome to the forum fuggles!!

Fileboom Premium Account