What do we think of "50 Shades of Grey"?

edjixxx

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

No, it's not that kinda story. It's more like, Cinderella, mixed in with that prince charming marriage in the u.k., with a poor attempt at a BDSM lifestyle. It's as if she looked around, decided what the BDSM lifestyle was, went from there. It's just not believable, It's obvious It's based on her fantasies. Also apparent is a poor, to the point of it detracts from the read, choice of words. Add in the predictable stories, and, it's okay to intro the vanilla crowd to BDSM, I guess, to put it in the mainstream, but for the real lifestyle, I think it's depictionwill be found irritating. It's more a read about emotions, which are easy to read about,

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

WOW! I just thought about posting this exact same thread. I just decided not to as I had 2 other recent threads I had started and wanted to wait.

I haven't gotten a chance to read it, but I'm both excited and nervous about it. I'm excited to read it, and possibly if my other friends read it and end up liking it, they won't find my sex life all that taboo and scary and perhaps I can "come out" to more people... But on the other end, making BDSM a mainstream trend is NOT a good idea IMO.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

I can't speak for Forever, but for me, being honest about being kinky feels a lot like being honest about being gay. I'd rather not have to gloss over this part of my personality just to avoid offending people. Lots of gay kinky guys talk about BDSM as a second 'coming out'.

Having said that, I'm not entirely open about being kinky. My close friends all know, but it's not something I would share casually with my colleagues. There are a few I would come out to if it came up somehow, but I'm aware that there's a lot more prejudice against kinky people than there is against gays in many areas.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

There are two basic reasons I think, Moonlight. The first is that BDSM is complex and paradoxical and hard for people to wrap their heads around unless they 'get' it. Why would you like someone doing something you don't like to you? Why would people hurt the people they love? From the outside, BDSM looks pretty unpleasant.

The other reason is that images of BDSM in the media are extremely negative (apart from occasional news reports and the like, which might be ok, or which might be "look at the freaks!"). In movies and TVs shows, male doms are evil killers, femdommes are ball-busting man-hating semi-dykes, male subs are a pathetic joke, and femsubs are victims of psychotic killers.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

@Smallest, I think it depends if you're "bedroom" or 24/7 and how much you talk to your friends about things.

I'm "bedroom only" but I talk to my friends about EVERYTHING. I tell my friends even when they don't want to know, and most return the favor... But it sucks when I kind of have to stop myself from telling them the REALLY GOOD stuff, because they will think I'm a freak. Also, I can imagine someone in a 24/7 relationship would want to "come out." It would be a lot like having to hide your same-sex boyfriend/girlfriend. Or hiding that they are the same sex. Hypothetically, let's say I'm a Domme with a live-in slave. What do I tell my friends he is? What do I do when we want to go out somewhere or have company over? Dress him in normal clothes and tell him to act like my boyfriend? That would be comparitive, in my mind, to hypothetically having a girlfriend, but making her dress like a boy when we're in public together. It's not pleasant to have to hide who you love or who you are.

I feel as though we should make a "coming out" thread:)

Fileboom Premium Account