Upper and lower case for Doms, subs

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Maybe this is just a difference between those who have embraced or immersed in the culture and those now, who may never get the need to (this is not meant as an insult).
Yet, Seb. You, who I consider a mentor, and certainly an authority, have immersed in, and embraced this culture for as long as I have and your comments are different than I would have thought.

30 years ago BDSM was pretty much an underground culture, with many of the things we think of as normal considered illegal (even with consent).

Then again, maybe this is just one of those aspects of going mainstream. To tell the truth, maybe it's time to not be so concerned about old cultural formalities and just live as who you are.

When I started my own self discovery about who I am and what that means, there wasn't an internet community to jump into. There were books, munches, clubs, etc....
Those who talked about it then were pretty serious, as are many now.

I certainly have absorbed a lot from this thread.

And, yes NukAshlie.... What do you call a switch?

Thank you Jeremy, for suggesting this.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

L8: I'm honored that you respect me so much. I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to be a mentor, but I try to bring common sense to the way I do bdsm.

I have a pretty pragmatic streak. I recognize that not everyone views bdsm that way I do, and vice versa. I don't have a lot of patience for One True Wayers, in whatever social group I'm in. People get into social activities like bdsm for a variety of reasons, and it's foolish to think that everyone gets the same things out of those activities. Some people really get into pony play, but I don't get any spark from it (at least not yet). It would be silly for me to say that pony play isn't bdsm, or for pony players to say that it's only bdsm if it involves pony play. Same thing with capitalization protocols. They do little for me, but they do a lot for others, so my sense is that if it does something for some people, there's no reason not to do it, but for me it seems fussy and it pokes my grammar nazi.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Nuka

And, yes NukAshlie.... What do you call a switch?

Just generally where the sub becomes the Dom for a period of time. Or where the couple take it in turns to be the sub and turns to be the Dom.

The switching then can become confusing. For example Jade and James are D/s where Jade is the Dom.

Then the couple exchange places for a set period of time, or in fact they take it in turns to be the Dom/sub.

So then it's continuously going Jade, jade, Jade, jade, Jade, jade, etc.

If you catch my drift :p

Fileboom Premium Account