TPE relationships

Kor

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

In answer to youir question, yes I do want more of a change. We don't have any rituals in place so I'm sure that would be a start. He controls a lot of things such as computer time, money, communicating with difficult people, how often we go out, bedroom activities, etc

Tthe first thing you need to work out is how you-as-a-couple want to present yourselves to the world. Do you want to present as a 21st century liberated marital partnership, a 1950s nuclear family, or something else?

If I make him mad he can easily take something away from me and sometimes he does.

Okay, some clarification would help here. Why is he mad at you? Are you doing things that you know will make him irritated or angry? If so, are you doing this deliberately to make him react as the dominant, or is this an ongoing problem? If they are things beyond your control, you may need to work out a way to handle them.

A common BDSM dynamic is for the sub to behave badly in order to receive "punishment". Although this seems to work for many people, it can lead to miscommunication and unhappiness unless both people are on the same wavelength. If your problem is of this type, making a distinction between "correction for improper behavior" and "sex play" may be helpful.

Sometimes he is nice though and realizes I've had a rough day and lets it slide.

We now operate on the "all transgressions will be punished" system. For things beyond red's control, it's usually a mild swat or some other innocuous expression of displeasure. Transgression noted; transgression punished, it's over, life goes on. For things requiring true punishment (rare) she has the special strap. This is *her* strap; she picked it out, she bought it, she decided where she would keep it, she brings it to me when I need to use it, and she puts it back when I'm done with it. This helps keep "punishment" and "play" separated.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Anna2

Tthe first thing you need to work out is how you-as-a-couple want to present yourselves to the world. Do you want to present as a 21st century liberated marital partnership, a 1950s nuclear family, or something else? .

I'm not sure how the rest of the world sees us; probably as a very traditional couple when really we are doing all kinds of stuff behind closed doors. I don't feel like we are engaged in power exchange 24/7 but maybe that's just because not much has changed.

Okay, some clarification would help here. Why is he mad at you? Are you doing things that you know will make him irritated or angry? If so, are you doing this deliberately to make him react as the dominant, or is this an ongoing problem? If they are things beyond your control, you may need to work out a way to handle them.

A common BDSM dynamic is for the sub to behave badly in order to receive "punishment". Although this seems to work for many people, it can lead to miscommunication and unhappiness unless both people are on the same wavelength. If your problem is of this type, making a distinction between "correction for improper behavior" and "sex play" may be helpful.

We now operate on the "all transgressions will be punished" system. For things beyond red's control, it's usually a mild swat or some other innocuous expression of displeasure. Transgression noted; transgression punished, it's over, life goes on. For things requiring true punishment (rare) she has the special strap. This is *her* strap; she picked it out, she bought it, she decided where she would keep it, she brings it to me when I need to use it, and she puts it back when I'm done with it. This helps keep "punishment" and "play" separated.

I don't intentionally make him mad just to provoke punishment but I do have some issues with overspending and I'm lazy sometimes and don't always feel like doing chores, most of the time I get punished for neither of those habitual offenses of mine. Although if it's a major purchase sometimes he will just say no and then I dont buy whatever it was I was wanting. Recently he told me I could not buy the $150 high heels I wanted so I was a little bothered but maybe he will change his mind. He did say he'd consider letting me buy them next month if I'm good but didnt specify what he meant by that.

Fileboom Premium Account

Kor

I don't intentionally make him mad just to provoke punishment but I do have some issues with overspending and I'm lazy sometimes and don't always feel like doing chores, most of the time I get punished for neither of those habitual offenses of mine.

Let's go back to the beginning. Does your husband know he's supposed to be the dominant? Does he know what you expect from him? Does he know that you expect him to direct your behavior? If so, does he know how, other than getting angry before punishing you?

From what you've given us to work with, this is coming across as your basic marital dysfunction. Plastering some D/S on top of it may hide some of the problems for a while, but in the end it's just going to complicate things even more.

See if anything on this page applies to you:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laurie-puhn/the-secret-cause-of-divor_b_782509.html

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

It sounds to me that you are looking for more structure in the relationship than is currently there. For example, it sounds like you want your husband to teach you not to overspend by punishing you when you do, or perhaps forcing you to earn rewards like nice shoes by doing what he wants you to do. That's a reasonable arrangement for a BDSM couple, but if it's not happening, you need to sit down and have a talk with him. As Kor suggests, you and your husband need to be on the same page, so if you want him to be strict with your about money, he needs to know that you want that and he has to be willing to do that. (Remember that not all doms are equally dominant; some don't want total control outside the bedroom.)

So talk with him. Clarify your desires and find out what he wants. And if what you two want doesn't fully line up, it's time to negotiate as equals and find a middle ground.

Fileboom Premium Account