Hi! I'm writing a story and need help...

quixotic689

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site but have looked around before. I'm not really a member of the BDSM community, but I've been fascinated by it for several years now, so much so that I've decided to write a novel about a young woman who is slowly coming to terms with her submissive desires.

(Yeah, totally not autobiographical at all. :D)

Anyway, I want to make this story as realistic as possible. My MC wants a 24/7 D/s relationship. Most of my knowledge on this subject comes from a fan fiction story I read a few years ago from someone in the Lifestyle. I was just wondering if anyone had any stories they wanted to share or answers to these questions:

1. How would she go about finding people in her area that were also into BDSM?
2. What sort of assumptions do people have about the lifestyle that really annoy you?
3. What sort of story/ending would offend you?
4. How did you feel when you first started getting involved with BDSM?
5. Did you always know you had these feelings? If not, how did you discover them?

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I'm going to check out the stories section of this site, too, but I figured I would see if anyone had any specific stories or advice for me.

Thanks!
~quix

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Answers to questions, yes.. LOL....

1) Internet is the best way, or going to Las Vegas to an expo and networking from there.

2) The assumption that its about abuse and degrading others for a sadistic reason that is unhealthy to those involved.

3) There can never be an ending.. In this world, the limits are the only ones we place on ourselves!

4) Excited, overstimulated, it festered in my mind non stop! I could not get enough! I knew I would never return to the world of vanilla... Ever! I would rather be alone then go back!

5) Not always.. then the first time a little red head in school asked me to tie her up.. that was it.. I orgasmed instantly without touch or stimulus.. I knew from there!

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Smallest

OP- Are you from Nano?
E2D - Charlie Brown?

1. What Dark said. Look in the FAQ here, if you want, on the last or second last page there's a list of sites for that, if you want real ones, or just an idea what they're like.
2. Again what he said, but I'd also add forgetting safe words, etc. If it's a short, it doesn't really matter, but if it's a longer story, include that sort of thing. Oh, and don't just make it pain play and blind folds. Include humiliation. Actually, that's another place the FAQ might help, there's a list of the '4 aspects' or something to that effect.
3. 'And so they realized that their perversions were wicked and terrible and moved on, vowing never to play that way again'
4. Very excited, but we eased into it fairly slowly. I was already in a vanilla relationship with my master, so.. but once we talked about it, we were quite soon quite... enraptured.
5. There were clues, but (I'm quite young) it wasn't until I was more sexually active (although I was still a virgin when we started this sort of play, but not exactly innocent) that I knew more what I wanted, or why.

Fileboom Premium Account

quixotic689

OP- Are you from Nano?

Haha. Yes, I'm doing NaNo. I've finished one novel and was trying to think of something to write for 50k weekend, and this story came to me. I figured I would use the week beforehand to try to figure out more details to include. :)

Thanks for your answers!

Also, I just thought of another question. I usually write characters who have some sort of tramatic backstory (generally some sort of abuse). Should I avoid that for this story? Would it make it sound like I was trying to provide an excuse for her submisive behavior? Would that upset you if you read a story like that?

I'm just a shy/insecure person myself, so I don't usually write characters who are too confident. Too hard for me to relate to. :D But I can make an exception with this story if people think that would make it worse.

Fileboom Premium Account

QuirkyDoll

not sure if i'm any help

I'm a relatively new female sub so anything I answer will be different than a more experienced perspective but i figured it couldn't hurt to jump in.

1. Personally, I tend to attract them. I'm also around a large amount of alt. people and I meet the majority of them at Renaissance Faires. The last Faire I was at, another girl and I flogged each other for booze and everyone was consenting and content. We later went on to play like five year olds on the giant wooden see-saw someone had brought and ogle the gypsies bellydancing half naked on the platform they had built. I'm of the opinion that we tend to unknowingly congregate together. I've never had a problem with meeting them, but if I did, I would probably turn to the internet and very shyly to the "real world".

2. That BDSM means I've been abused or need therapy. The same applies when I tell them I LARP or I do whipping exhibitions at RenFaires. That I always engage in "unsafe sexual practices". That I'm a whore or slut or perverted. That I like being hit all the time. That I masturbate to things like "two girls and a cup".

3. I can't really see an ending that would offend me if it was well written and had a relatively easy-to-follow chain of events leading up to that decision. If the main character decided out of the blue that they wanted to go 24/7, I would take an issue with that. If they had some kind of separation anxiety or had some other emotional reasoning to back them up, I would be totally happy with it. Same goes for if they decided to give up the "lifestyle", though that would take more to convince me.

4. Delighted. Overwhelmed. Accepted. Nervous. Shy. The same way I felt when I came out as bisexual, that mixture of "who can I tell" and "I feel so accepted". Elated when I meet like minded people. Guarded around my heavily religious friends and their family/significant others.

5. I always knew I had these feelings. I always enjoyed tying up my dolls more than dressing them up. I always enjoyed being the tied up "princess in the tower" rather than the "bold adventurer". The other kids would look at me funny when I unknowingly managed to incorporate bondage into our games, tying up the "hostage", hiding in cupboards I could barely fit in, daring my friends to do something humiliating in "truth or dare". I just wasn't able to put a name to it until much later, skulking around on the internet, getting many viruses on my computer, reading the erotica, and generally learning more.

There are my metaphorical "two cents" for whatever you value them as.

Fileboom Premium Account