Replacing toys

SubAnna

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Wait - they broke the actual D-ring? Like a metal one? Either im misunderstanding something or your subs are strooooong :p I mean recently I was tied up in leather cuffs with a D-ring that was then fastened to a carbine hook at the end of a chain-type-of-thing.. Not that I tried to break it, but I got a sense that I was tied up real good.
On the actual topic, I think it is only fair to split costs in a BDSM relationship. But if you have different subs, rather than one constant partner, and it was due to wear I'd say it was your responsibility. Unless ofc. the sub willfully broke your toys, but that would take some damn nerve, and I dont really see why a sub would do that anyways.
Ofc. that would leave you with a lot of expenses, but then on the other hand, I think it would be fair for you to ask the subs to bring, for instance, their own dildos (a lot of ppl. dont like sharing that anyways), clothing articles or vibrators etc. But it is hard question to answer, cause I think it depends on the relationship/situation and there are so many different versions :)

On a different note - I haven't posted for soo long. It is nice to be back again, such a great forum :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

PunishKatt

Hi Seb, I just joined this forum with my sub, I was busy reading old threads or I would have posted this sooner.
I’m not sure where in WI you live, but you most likely have heard of, or are possibly a frequent visitor to a store called “The Lions Den??†I lived in WI for a long time and as far as I can remember it’s probably one of the most popular adult stores in the state. It’s been a few years since I have been anywhere near WI but The Lions Den hopefully still sells tons and of restraints. They also have a 5 year guarantee on their branded leather cuffs, or they used to. The way I see it, after 5 years cuffs should probably be replaced anyway. Especially leather ones used on multiple people because you can only clean and oil them so much before they wear from contact.

Anyway to answer your question, I would say you are completely responsible for the cost of everything you use on any sub. If the sub is under your training then they are already giving you everything they have (mind, body, spirit, will). In my book and that is worth more than money any day. You must have been doing a hell of a job to get 2 subs to snap cuffs. Take it as a compliment to your skills and see if The Lions Den still offers that warranty.

The Lions Den
Exit 113 off Hwy 41,
1650 Planeview Dr.
Oshkosh - (920) 235-9040

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

And yes, in both cases, it was a D-ring that snapped. It happened several months apart with both of a pair of shackles (the D-ring on one broke and then the D-ring on the other). Either they weren't real D-rings (by which I mean that the part of the ring that was under the leather strap wasn't actually closed) or they were just a defective batch of D-rings. The Strict Leather website offers no contact information unless you're ordering from them, so I have no way to contact them and ask them to repair the shackle. The conclusion I've come to is that Strict Leather is not really worth doing business with.

Fileboom Premium Account

PunishKatt

Like I said it’s been years since I’ve been there but they used to have a full line of BDSM gear, and open 24/7 365 I hope it’s still the same. It’s in a great location about hour fifteen min or so from all the big cities, but it was always worth the long dark drive with a sub! Man I miss WI, good luck….

Can the D-link be welded back together, I have welded things similar to a D-link before. Could you post a link or PM a pic of the broken cuff please, I guess i cant picture it but maybe I can help??

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

LilithLane

I agree with most of the posters on this thread, the Dom must be completely responsible as they in most cases would be the one instructing the sub to use the toys or placing the toys on her.

If she underestimates the durability of the toys, the dom would likely have done the same.

Perhaps if the dom is aware of any weaknesses in the toys he could instruct her how to use them without breaking them before subjecting her to them.

Fileboom Premium Account