Recognizing "your own"?

SubAnna

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I have now had a few people tell me that they can identify whether somebody is into BDSM.. And whether they are submissives or doms (whether they can tell with all the people who are in btw. I dont know ;))..
What is your take on this? Do you think you could identify people just like that, and if so, what gives them away? Cause honestly, I dont think it is easy at all.. After all, there are so many different people in this lifestyle! Personally im very submissive, and surely sometimes I have found myself looking at somebody thinking that he may be into it :cool: But honestly, I have never tested such a theory and asked seeing as im wayyy too shy for that ;)

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

I've noticed that some sub guys have a distinctive look to their eyes. It's hard to describe, but it's a sort of hollow, hungry look, like they're begging me to use them. I've seen several subs who had exactly that look, and the other day I ran into a student on my campus who had those same eyes. I immediately thought "hmm, I wonder if he's a sub?"

Fileboom Premium Account

SubAnna

Interesting.. All though being a student that look could also signify a serious caffeine deficiency.. ;) I never really saw anybody and thought, damn that is a sub.. For me I tend to do it more with wondering if a guy is a dom.. Some men just have a certain attitude and you cant help but wonder if that attitude is something they would bring inside a bedroom.. But then again your role in daily life is not necessarily an indicator of what you enjoy sexually :) In fact sometimes they might even be opposites..

Fileboom Premium Account

SubAnna

Quite a lot of "subcultures" (in lack of a better word) actually have systems like that.. They wear something to recognize each other.. I know gay people for instance have a rainbow bracelet (whether they use it to identify each other i dont know). But once I actually saw a girl wear a necklace that looked a bit like the BDSM emblem, but Im pretty sure she had no idea what it meant.. But then again, you never know :)

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Well, of course there's gaydar, which virtually all gay men and lesbians have to some extent. It's really mysterious. I honestly can't say how it works. But I'll look at a guy and think "there's something about the way he's holding his mouth" or "his hair and clothes are just so" and then I'll know there's a good chance he's queer. It's not infallible, but it's enough to start suspicions. Thus far, I haven't developed 'subdar', although as I said, there does seem to be something about some subs' eyes.

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

I would most agree with Sebastian that there is a chemistry when I meet a sub, and I usually can tell, not by looking at them but by the conversations we drift into over the first 5 or so minutes. There's always some funny little remark or joke that would lead you one way or another.
Over time I've come to believe that "We know our own".... Then someone surprises me.
Go figure.

Fileboom Premium Account