Recognizing "your own"?

SubAnna

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Sometims I think that people make jokes that are sometimes quite serious.. Because I mean, if people dont follow you, you can always back out and be like "wtv, it was a joke"... :) Although, I know of no BDSM jokes, Im pretty damn sure there must be some.. ;) BDSM is a taboo, but still, I think many people are a little curious/intrigued?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

SubAnna

Boundperil

It would be nice to change peoples minds, open them up more. I guess I just don't have that kind of time LOL I've introduced a lot of people over the years, slowly, some have taken to it, some have not.

Like stated, people have a different view of things then what is reality, and that probably has a lot to do with videos and being with someone who has no idea what they are doing, but claims they do.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Bound: the media tends to really distort d/s play. Male doms are usually serial killers, male subs are usually pathetic sex addicts. Female doms are usually man-haters or secret Nazis, female subs are usually victims of male doms or emotionally ill. There is no sense that doms enjoy meeting the needs of subs and accept limits to play, and a sub's voluntary submission is usually couched in terms of being somehow broken. In essence, the media depicts the surface level of d/s play and never attempts to delve more deeply to the reality. To some extent it's understandable; there is a pretty big contradiction between the surface of d/s play and the deeper reality, but it's unfortunate that positive depictions of d/s play are pretty rare. There was an episode of House that featured a d/s couple. The episode opens with him apparently breaking in and trying to rape her, only to reveal when he suffers a seizure that she's his wife. I thought, "wow, an honest look at how d/s actually works!" and the couple did explain that they liked playing this way. Unfortunately, it turns out that the wife is actually poisoning her husband, so the ending invalidates the idea that d/s play can be positive and loving.

Fileboom Premium Account

SubAnna

Boundperil

Bound: the media tends to really distort d/s play. Male doms are usually serial killers, male subs are usually pathetic sex addicts. Female doms are usually man-haters or secret Nazis, female subs are usually victims of male doms or emotionally ill. There is no sense that doms enjoy meeting the needs of subs and accept limits to play, and a sub's voluntary submission is usually couched in terms of being somehow broken. In essence, the media depicts the surface level of d/s play and never attempts to delve more deeply to the reality. To some extent it's understandable; there is a pretty big contradiction between the surface of d/s play and the deeper reality, but it's unfortunate that positive depictions of d/s play are pretty rare. There was an episode of House that featured a d/s couple. The episode opens with him apparently breaking in and trying to rape her, only to reveal when he suffers a seizure that she's his wife. I thought, "wow, an honest look at how d/s actually works!" and the couple did explain that they liked playing this way. Unfortunately, it turns out that the wife is actually poisoning her husband, so the ending invalidates the idea that d/s play can be positive and loving.

Well said. The media has a tendency to do that with a lot of things......

Fileboom Premium Account