Play rooms?

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

If I had my druthers (and some remodeling money), this is how I'd redo my back bedroom (about 12x10 with no windows.)

1. Laminate wood flooring, something dark like walnut.

2. The walls redone with QuietRock® sheetrock

3. The corners and center of each long wall with exposed wooden beams (or columns) with pre-installed eyebolts at regular 6" intervals from the floor to the ceiling. Wood stained to match the floor

4. Drywall (between the posts) covered in acoustic foam tiles, dark grey or black.

5. Frosted-glass wall scones for lighting, with bulbs on a dimmer switch.

6. Cross chair and a spanking bench (maybe a kneeler) in the far corners opposite of the door.

7. Bondage table (or a rack) on the wall with the door.

8. St. Andrew's cross on one of the 10' walls.

9. Opposite the cross (the other 10' wall), an armoire with shelves to hold toys and cleaning supplies (long toys like canes and crops can be attached to the insides of the door).

10. Moveable lamps with adjustable necks (like an architect would use at a drafting desk) near the bondage table and cross chair.

11. Mechanics rolling stool and a Grestner® wooden toolbox for CBT implements next to the cross-chair.

12. Stereo hooked-up to in-wall or in-ceiling speakers (I like Polk and Klipsch for in-wall/ceiling speakers). If I had a larger room I would order a pair of Axiom M60's stained to match the wall posts and floor. Then hide the stereo receiver in the armoire and use an iPod loaded with your S&M music as the source so you don't have to change CDs every 45 minutes).

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Last edited:
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Thats a pretty basic S&M set-up. More advanced furniture or cages and you'd need a larger room. Also this room doesn't have water utilities so if you're an aspiring pro-dom you'd at least need a toilet and a shower too (for the clients). Once you have running water you could do a water boarding table too.

If you're into foot worship get yourself a small chair you can lean back in, and bolt some handcuff attachments to the sides of a regular ottoman (Then you just need a blindfold and a willing victim and you can use it at cocktail parties..... at least ones the parish minister won't be attending).

Fileboom Premium Account

I think "discreet" is simply a matter of logistics.
I wouldn't be pulling up to your house in a van marked "Dungeons R US"
more like" Bob's flood and fire repair" and it would give you ready cover story
oh! Their washer/hotwaterheater/pipe broke. ect...
That would explain all the in and out tools paint dry wall and what not to nosy neighbors.
Our your van would just say 'Bob's remodeling". Which is really all it is.

Fileboom Premium Account

Martello

An idea you might want to go with is putting together a portfolio. Unless you have a good amount of work done you're going to have to get a hold of a decent artist to draw out ideas you have. Just put together the rooms you've done or are able to do with a list of possible and present accessories on the back and so on. Just have a few BDSM oriented rooms involved. Someone is bound to go WELL HEY HOW ABOUT THIS! and word of mouth in tight communities is always a plus.

Fileboom Premium Account

Nyx

EZRA

Our your van would just say 'Bob's remodeling". Which is really all it is.

Yes it is just remodeling but I have found in my 12+ years off working in the industry that People are nosy and if I am to grantee discretion to my clients I need a cover story that wont invite interest.
The neighbors always want to know what your doing to somebody else house they want to see how the new rooms looks, what you doing some people will even just walk in uninvited and poke around.

and if you thinking I should just tell them to get lost remember I'm in the business of customer service I cant afford to alienate potential clients.
I don't for a moment imagine that this aspect of my business will alone be enough to support me.

Fileboom Premium Account

EZRA

I disagree if I sell my service as "discrete" That automatically implies a certain amount of responsibility on my part.
Especially since the work will tend to be done while the client is away at work I become the only person with which "nosy neighbors" will interact with.
Also It's my responsibility to hide the nature of some of the "things" that will be brought to the job site.
Locking the door is impractical with the constant in and out of tools and material.
but that's really a worse case scenario.

In a perfect world people would be unconcerned with what goes on in private,
we don't live in that world.

Fileboom Premium Account

Martello

I don't think that, that is a big concern. Unless you plan on walking in and out with your arms full with ball gags, restraints and things of the like I'm pretty sure you can make a home renovation relatively uninterrupted. Any of the larger stuff, assembly can be dealt with inside the house. Nosy neighbors? Close the curtains. If that's not a good fix for people getting into your business then your "play room" will be a bust to begin with.

I would first be more worried about drumming up the actual work then see what goes on from there.

Fileboom Premium Account