Play rooms?

EZRA

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I've been thinking about starting my own business for a while now.
One of the ideas I've been kicking around has to do with specialty remodeling.
single room jobs like home-offices,home shops, meditation rooms that sort of thing

and "BDSM play rooms"
My first priority for this market is obviously discretion.
But aside from that would you want to dedicate a space in your home to this? (assuming you had money and a home)

Do you know people who have?

what would you want?
( give details like hidden doors. mood, equipment, lighting,sound?)

and would you be more willing to consider it if you knew the "contractor" was also into BDSM?

I'm don't know if this would be a viable business thats why I could use some imput so I could get a feel for it.
Thank you for your responses.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Emma

I dont know an awful lot about it but you could also do like special feature play rooms like say for a particular fetish or scene that someone likes! Like one might be a dungeon and obviously this would be dark, chains, cages, hooks for suspension etc. Or say for someone whos into doctor/patient have it set up like a hospital room!

I know if i was to do this id feel far more comfortable knowing the contractor was into similar things, be a bit weird havin someone completely vanilla doing it, youd kinda feel like theyre judging you a bit! I dunno if it would be viable though as in would there really be enough business!

Fileboom Premium Account

EZRA

My dear Emma in the trades we have a saying
"Anything is possible all it takes is time and money"
but essentially your talking about exactly what I'm proposing
any sort of fetish which would be enhanced by a"Set"

I think "discreet" is simply a matter of logistics.
I wouldn't be pulling up to your house in a van marked "Dungeons R US"
more like" Bob's flood and fire repair" and it would give you ready cover story
oh! Their washer/hotwaterheater/pipe broke. ect...
That would explain all the in and out tools paint dry wall and what not to nosy neighbors.

Fileboom Premium Account

Sparrow69

I have a dungeon design for the house I'm building. Actually, I designed the dungeon, then built the house around it.

It has Cells, Secret passages, cleaning areas, a rack (traditional style like a midevil dungeon, only it gets lowered out of the ceiling) coffin sized storage areas in the floor, A spiless iron maiden, a suspension area, and d rings everywhere. I found that the key to a good dungeon, is storage space, for both slaves, and equipment... sort of like any workshop really, only instead of workbenches, i have torture benches.

I'll render the building and post some screen shots.

Fileboom Premium Account

I would love to have something like this if I could. And the other thing about doing this, apart from having somewhere discreet and more realistic to play, thus making the experience more intense, is that if all play is confined to this one place, then it can set proper boundaries as to when you get into/out of character (for those who don't do this 24/7).

As it is though, the only thing I could really call a 'playroom' is my bathroom airing cupboard, and I promise that I will get around to posting pics of this, with me all helpless and tied inside it! ;)

Fileboom Premium Account

EZRA

Sound insulation is easy there are a number of very good products just for this purpose.
Plumbing yes of course I should have thought about plumbing, before.
reinforcing is relatively easy in houses. mostly you just transferring load to joists post and beams all of which can easily carry normal humans.

Sparrow is just the sort client I would want.
Decisive, ambishes, know what he wants and has money?:)

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

You don't need a lot of space for a dungeon. You can fit quite a bit of stuff in a 12x12 room.

*Sound: The biggest issue people will have is with sound carrying (especially in apartments). Dealing with noise is tricky. There are specialty audio stores and websites that sell acoustic materials (if it can contain a bass amp it can handle some loud screaming). Theres sound killing "sheets" you can install behind drywall, special drywall that absorbs sound, those cool patterned foam wall hangings they use in recording rooms (available in many colors).

*Lighting: You want lights on a dimmer, and some light fixtures have replaceable glass which you can insert colored inserts into, giving your session a different look.

*Flooring: You want tile, painted cement, wood, or fake laminate-wood flooring. Nothing sucks like having to rent a carpet shampooer every time theres an anal sex "accident".

*Suspension: You want ceiling joists or wall studs capable of holding a few hundred pounds. Even if you don't have a ceiling swing now, at least you can install mounting bolts for rope bondage in multiple areas at different heights around the room.

Fileboom Premium Account