Knife play

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

PLD, before anything at all happens, go and GET TESTED. Together. STDs are no joke and when blood is involved a single drop is sufficient to ruin your life. I realize this is uncomfortable and may seem overly careful, but it is not. If his reaction is anything but "sure, lets do it" get the hell away from him.

This was partially covered, but I would like to reiterate it: Do not rely on trust. You are placing yourself in a disadvantaged situation with an armed man who is, as far as I understood, someone you do not know very well or long. The fact that he agreed to hold off on it is a good sign, but not a reliable one. Think about arranging a safe call for your first session involving edge play and do not be tied up either. Tell someone you trust beforehand and get their input on this guy. Be in range of a phone and have a mace around he does not know about. (I may be overeacting here, but with the information you gave us, it seems reasonable.)

Given his initial secrecy, it may be a good idea to have a dry run. Get a barby doll or something similar and have him show you what he plans in a save enviroment. That way, you get an idea of what you are in for and the way he does and explains things will tell you wether he is actually experienced or making things up. Its very easy to claim experience when everyone involved knows nothing about the topic and its easier to lie than to give up secrecy. Trust and verify is a sensible approach to almost anything BDSM.
An even better alternative would be for him to demonstrate on himself. In risk of stealing Sebastians line: A good Dom never does anything to a sub he has not tried out on himself first. If he is unwilling to demonstrate on himself, that is a warning sign.

Furthermore, if you play with knifes, be in a safe enviroment. This kind of thing is very easily misinterpreted and criminal law does not care about consent or sexual arousal where weapons are involved. Going at you with a knife is assault with a deadly weapon (if my legal memory serves) and a zealous prosecutor will get him convicted as long as he can prove it happened.

With the safety aspects out of the way, a good thing would be to figure out what about knife play turns him on. I have no real experiece with it, but from what I know about psychology there are two aspects to weapons that fascinate people. The first, is the object and the potential it represents, the second is the realisation of that potential. The fine difference is, that for the first aspect, the weapon is the object of interest with the potential being secondary and for the second, the weapon is a mere tool to get to the blood, death and everything else. For example: Lots of gun-nuts have no interest in actually shooting people or killing, they simply admire the gun as a mechanical device and the feeling they get when firing it. Wether they fire at an innanimate object or a person makes no difference to their interests because that is secondary. They admire the capacity for killing, but not the killing itself. To them, the weapon represents a power to wield, but to wield with care and reason. On the other hand, the people into the second aspect know the power to injure or kill lies within themselves and the weapon is just a way to unleash this power. Its a very simple but easy to miss distinction.

Transported to knife play, the question becomes wether it is the blood, i.e. the harm caused that he craves or simply the concept that an object with the potential to draw blood is involved. If its the later, you do not need to actually draw blood for him to be satisfied but it is quite possible he does not realize this. In my experience, where objects are concerned, few people spend the time to think about whether the object or its function are what turns them on.

Last but not least, I wish to say one thing: You are playing with one of the most dangerous aspects of BDSM and are walking a very thin line between pleasure and harm. If there is even a single doubt in your head wether or not this is a good idea, do not do it. (You never should, but a few rope burns or a bruise are a much smaller price to pay than a scar, infection or STD.) A good dom will accept any limit and if necessary just find another sub. If he tries to talk you into it, bully or emotionally blackmail you, get the hell away from him.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Seb and PS thank you both for your sound advice.
PS we have known each other as friends outside of the subject for years, possibly explains why my trust is there already. We have both been tested for STIs and are aware of each others history so perfectly safe there.
I will talk to Him about distinction between whether it be power play or the physical presence if blood that appeal to him like you say, though from what I have gathered so far intense pain play is a favourite with him, more so if the potential to draw blood is involved.
I really appreciate everyones input on thus subject as it has given me sound advice for my current situation and also allowed me to learn good protocol should I meet a new Dom. Thanks you x

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

sebastian

Everything PS has said is spot-on. As far as the legal issues are concerned, keep the following in mind:
If you wind up at a hospital, you will be asked to explain what happened. If it sounds even remotely suspicious, you'll wind up being questioned by the police. When I was 12, my older brother accidentally stabbed me with a knife--I had to explain the story at least 6 times, including to a very nice police officer who somehow just happened to be at the hospital. It was only years later that I realized why I was being asked to repeat the story so often...

If you're questioned and admit that a knife was involved, the chances of your friend being arrested go up. Substantial elements of BDSM are illegal; you cannot legally consent to being assaulted with a weapon (which is what knife play translates to legally); if you could, it would be almost impossible to prosecute domestic violence, because the abuser would simply tell the victim to say that she consented. If a nurse or police officer hears that your friend cut you with a razor blade, they'll probably accept that it was genuinely consensual; if they hear that your friend cut you with a knife, they're going to be very suspicious.

An additional complication is that it is illegal to practice medicine without a license. Cutting play and piercing activities can easily be treated as the illegal practice of medicine if the authorities choose to do so. So if you go ahead with this, you need to do the following things:

1) Start with razor blades, not knives. It's less suspicious if anything goes wrong. If your friend has a fetish for knives, you can incorporate a knife into the scene (for example, he could slide the flat of the knife along your skin without cutting you and then switch to a razor blade for cutting).
2) Have a first aid kit available, to handle the after care and as a precaution in case something goes wrong. Better yet, ask your friend to take a Red Cross First Aid course. Any dom who does serious pain play or edge play ought to do this anyway.
3) You might consider writing out a statement that you consent to the cutting. This doesn't absolve him of liability, but it will help prove innocence if somehow this winds up in court.
4) If you have to go to the ER, work out your story in advance, and make sure it is close enough to the truth that you can both stick to it no matter how often you have to repeat it.

One good thing: ER nurses have heard EVERYTHING. They won't be shocked if you admit that you're into erotic cutting, although you'll probably get a lecture about how dangerous it is.

Another good thing: If they arrest your friend for assault, it will be difficult to prosecute, assuming you keep insisting that things were consensual and he wasn't abusing you. So the charges might be dismissed with a stern warning. But it's also possible that they'll ask him to plead to a less serious offense.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Fair enough. It's not like everyone who does a little cutting winds up in the ER. Clearly, most don't. But being SSC means understanding the risks and taking the appropriate preparations to ensure that you get the good without the bad. My primary concern here is that PLD was jumping into the deep end of the pool when she's only just getting her swimming legs. Once she's gotten enough experience to know what's safe and what's not, cut away!

Fileboom Premium Account

master jey

Fair enough. It's not like everyone who does a little cutting winds up in the ER. Clearly, most don't. But being SSC means understanding the risks and taking the appropriate preparations to ensure that you get the good without the bad. My primary concern here is that PLD was jumping into the deep end of the pool when she's only just getting her swimming legs. Once she's gotten enough experience to know what's safe and what's not, cut away!
Haha :D you're as right as always :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Thank you Master Jey your confidence in me is valued, and Seb again thank you for ensuring my play stays SSC. I will of course keep you updated. We are playing this evening but I'm not sure of the nature of the scene. I may share some pictures if permitted :)
Hopefully as we gain knowledge and experience we can begin to incorporate knife play on varying levels into the sessions, very excited so reading up as much as I can...even doing anatomy research to assist my Dom xD
Have a devillish weekend..x

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

PLD: A sub should be well-educated, at least to the point of understanding safety practices. Too many novice subs think that their job is to just lie there and let the dom do anything s/he wants. Sadly, that attitude winds up getting a lot of subs injured and a few killed. So I'm glad that you're realizing the need for you to be educated. You'll be a safer, happier, and more useful sub.

Fileboom Premium Account