Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by anomaly, Nov 23, 2012.

1. anomaly

anomaly New Member

Hi all,

I'm green; a nmiddle-aged-ish single guy, looking for some discussion, some info, maybe a little advice along the way. Just thought I should introduce myself before I just jump right in ...

I have a specific scenario I'd like to experience, which I'll take up in due time. First, Hi!

- J

P.S. Yes, I've read the new-comers' FAQ. :)
  2. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Welcome! So what do you want advice on?
  3. anomaly

anomaly New Member

How much time have you got, Sebastian? :)

I recently saw something that blew my mind-- flesh hook suspension (Claire Adams I think). My first thought was "I want! It's going to take a long time though". It seems like an advanced thing to me. And yet it seems that some people with little experience do it. Any relevant knowledge here?

Is it safe for a beginner? Or I suppose a better question would be: Can it be safe for a beginner (I have some strong ideas about how I'd like it to happen, which would probably add safety on net balance)?

All relevant experience welcome ...
  4. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

It probably can be, but I wouldn't recommend it. The people with little experience are either in danger or having everything done for them by someone who has lots of experience. You could also go to a festival where it was being done to watch and possibly volunteer.
  5. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Flesh hook suspension is very extreme play. The risks include death, shock, permanent scarring, and nerve damage. If you're interested in it, consider it a goal to work toward, not something to jump into right away. Smallest's suggestion of going to a festival where it's done is good one.

Here's a FAQ on it.
  6. anomaly

anomaly New Member

Well your comments align pretty well with my early reaction. Thanks Sebastian and Smallest. I appreciate your input. I like the suggestion as well-- that's a really good way to get involved in a way that would give me lots of chances to bail if I feel the need.

Any suggestions as to where people might post notifications of such events?

Thanks again guys.

- J
  7. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Have you looked on Fetlife?