How do I explain something I don’t understand?

DreamInTheDark

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

First of all I’d like to say hi. After reading on here for a few months I decided to join you guys.

I have known for years that I wasn’t vanilla but it took quite some time to figure out what I was. About a year ago I told my man (we’ve been together for about 9 years) that I was craving his dominance and control. We took our time to think and talk about “if, how and where†we wanted to take our relationship. Neither of us have any experience in this area so it felt right not to rush things. Lately the dynamic of our relationship has started to change a little – which is really good but also causes a few problems along the way.

The problem I am facing right now is something that happened a couple of nights ago. He gave me a wonderful spanking but the next day I felt sad and confused. I told him that I felt weird and he asked me why. I don’t really know. He asked me if he had done something wrong the other night. I told him that it was wonderful and I felt happy and loved after the spanking. I felt how frustrated he got because I was sad and unable to explain why. But how can I begin to explain something to him that I don’t even understand myself?

Everything is a blur in my mind and I have a feeling that “sub drop†and/or “aftercare†might be what I need to solve the puzzle… but I can’t really get the pieces to fit.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I should handle this?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Dream, welcome to SMplace. My guess from what you've said is that you had a session of sub drop. BDSM can create a state of heightened awareness and intensity of feeling that that fades over time, returning you to your ordinary state, which can feel pale in comparison. It might be purely psychological, but it might also be biochemical. During erotic torture, your body uses lots of resources to manage the pain, releasing endorphins, for example, and eventually your body runs low and needs to replenish those resources. This can produce feelings of sadness, temporary depression, moodiness, and the like. It's a recognized phenomena and in that sense probably nothing to worry about.

You may simply fall into sub-drop easily, or it may have happened for particular circumstances unique to that situation. Only future play sessions can tell you. So next time you play, ask your husband to put more emphasis on the aftercare and bringing you back to your normal state--snuggling, maybe a warm blanket, affectionate talk, a warm sugary drink or some small chocolates. Those might all help alleviate sub-drop.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

DreamInTheDark

Thank you, Sebastian. I should point out that he is my boyfriend, not husband. I’m not sure how important that really is but it’s nice to get the facts straight right? :) I will try and talk to him again. Maybe I will be able to explain it better when things get back to normal.

I have a hard time figuring the aftercare out. I have never been the kind of girl who wants to talk or snuggle much after sex. I guess we should try doing this in different ways and see what works for us.

It seems strange to me that something so wonderful and so exciting can feel so empty the next day. Fingers crossed that this will not happen too often…

Fileboom Premium Account