Dom-less (what now?)

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Silly, let me add my voice to encouraging you to try a little domming. From personal experience, I can say that subbing is very helpful to being a good dom. When I sub, mostly for my bondage mentor, I frequently notice small things that help me when I'm tying a boy up. A while ago I realized while blindfolded just how much the blindfolded sub relies on sound to help them figure out what is going on. That made me realize that there are opportunities to screw with the sub's head using sound. I have a paddle shaped like a ruler that comes in its own vinyl slipcase. It makes a really neat but very odd sound when it's pulled out of the case slowly. Now, whenever I blindfold a boy, I pull the ruler out of the slipcase slowly and watch the boy suddenly perk up as he tries to figure out what that weird noise is and what might be coming next.

Does domming help a sub be a better sub? I don't know, but it certainly makes sense. Have others found this to be true?

By the way, lest I be accused of misrepresentation, my cock is not huge. It's a decent 6.5", with a variety of features that mean that most guys enjoy playing with it. But size queens will be disappointed. I chose that profile pic several months ago when there was some joking on the off-topic thread about cock size, and I've just been too lazy to replace it with something more clever.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sillylittlepet

nooo you cant change it sebastian!! Its a great avatar!

Thanks OLP, I'm still in that tender break-up period where everything seems really dramatic and over-the-top. I'm questioning a lot of my actions right now, but I'm doing my best to be confident in my decisions!

The idea of switching isnt super appealing, but like I said, I like to try new things and it could be a fun one time sort of deal!

Fileboom Premium Account

Boundperil

Does domming help a sub be a better sub? I don't know, but it certainly makes sense. Have others found this to be true?

I will say yes and no. I have been a sub, it does give you a feeling of what your sub is going through as you torment them as a Dom. But I don't think it makes you a better Dom on all fronts.

The time spent there, I enjoyed. I liked knowing what my sub is going through.

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

Maybe the key to this answer is found in whether the Dom just endures being a sub to learn, or can be truly empathetic.

Seb, you said in another thread that you don't do anything to a sub that you haven't experienced yourself or tried on yourself.
I related to this instantly and can only reflect that I wanted to understand the sub's experience as much as possible.

I guess it's that point of reference that makes the difference. One who loves to cook is better served by eating the dishes they prepare.

In many cases, aside from everything else, my sub is my sexual prisoner until released, and she knows it. She knows that she is powerless to resist what I am doing to her and as such, she seems to feel it even more. That helplessness and raw sexual energy is what I feed off of, and that's why most Doms don't even like to think about "really" coming early in a session. There's just so much to feed on.

If a sub can make the transistion, understanding all the sexual energy that he/she can control and extract, then their ability to relate to the sub mind would make them a scary dom with a lot of power.

Of course, that's just one way to look at it.

But I never considered whether being a Dom makes a sub a better sub.... maybe not, maybe so. That'll take some time to think about.
Does one who loves to eat, become a better eater by learning to cook? Often they do.
But the reference isn't exact, so I'll stop now.

slp - I suggested this originally because, based on your responses, and the few exchanges we've had, I thought if any sub in this group could switch.... it would be you. You've got some domme in you. I don't know if it will ever come out, but trust me.... you've got some domme in you.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited: