Dodging the tumbleweed everytime I come here.

Discussion in 'Section open for any subject to discuss' started by Stargazer, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Member

I'm a member of various internet forums. Some are for hobbies, others for general chit-chat, other forums I use to discuss the intricacies of certain projects I'm involved in. All of them have healthy and activer message boards, ripe with discussion.

One day, I figured that since I was going through a bit of a dilemma regarding my 'fetish' if you want to call it such, no-where else was really appropriate for my enquiry so I used Google to help me find a BDSM forum. Well here I am... Where is everybody else?

Okay, so there's more boring people than there are people with BDSM orientations, but surely if even a fascist, stuck up old twit like Max Mosley can be involved in it, then there's hope for the rest of the human race.

And since we're all like-minded people here, why are people being so secretive? 99% of us are hidden behind an alias anyway. That alias is used by someone else, I know mine is, so it's not as if there's any way your mates at the pub or boss at work is going to track you down, find out and embarrass you.

I've seen some poeple who registered over a year ago and have never typed a single message here! There are interesting and useful threads here that are growing cobwebs because after one or two replies, nobody bothers to continue the discussion.

Come on people, this is a forum! A place for discussion. Discuss for christs sake. Don't just sit in your darkened room masturbating at the pictures in the advett banner at the top of each page... Do your trousers up, wash your hands and discuss your BDSM life.

knowledge is power, sharing your knowledge is helpful to everyone. It encourages others to do it too. If everybody shares, perhaps people will start to have a greater understanding of the BD, the DS and even the SM. And if BDSM is what we live and breathe and lets face it, whats the point of coming here in the first place if it isn't, then opening the understanding and creating a BDSM knowledge base can only help to serve our community.

And serving is something that a good percentage of this particular community should know something about.

If you made it this far without back-paging... I thank you. So whats the deal. If nobody talks here, then where do they do it?

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Obsidian

Obsidian New Member

I know what you mean. Granted I've only been a member for 2 days, but I've seen more activity on cat-forums (no, I'm not a crazy cat lady. I'm not old enough and I don't have a cat yet)

I'm not sure where they discuss things, but if you find out could you point me in the general direction and prey that I don't get lost?

3. Subby

Subby New Member

Just joined today. I'm hoping things get a bit livelier around here. There do seem to be some long spaces between posts don't there?

4. InnocentLooks

InnocentLooks New Member

I feel like there are lots of recent members and posts, just not lots of replies.

5. skilar

skilar New Member

I hope what I have just read is not true. I came here to be seen and to talk about all. So if there are only a few who share the same it looks like I’m not yet in the right place.

I am open to any discussions from anybody. Even though I am very new to all this, I am very eager to learn.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian New Member

7. jamy

jamy New Member

i second that. i came here to learn about bdsm and meet like minded people, would be a shame if i have come to the wrong place.

8. Blondesin

Blondesin New Member

Ive come here to learn about different fetishes and BDSM lifestyles. To explore my sexuality. Ive already learned more today since I joined than i knew yesterday. I hope to learn more as i read along. As for posting, it seems okay for me to post a reply to a thread such as this one. Now posting to a thread I know nothing about but am aware of (ex: butt plugs) just doesnt seem okay.

9. Death

Death Member

Hmm.... that's highly erroneous in many cases indeed. Remember that many only are allowed to serve one person and one person only. :) Although I'm sure you weren't too serious with that comment. :p

Otherwise, I agree with you... it is indeed a shame when some are shy to discuss things like this, even anonymously. I, however, have every intention to stay on this forum and post every time I feel I have something to say... although I do think that this forum could do well with some more sub-forums... not even necessarily relating to BDSM.

10. Death

Death Member

lol, butt plugs are so awesome. xD Not for me, but for my fated future slave. :) Great for keeping the cum to stay inside her after I've fucked her.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  11. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

I've noticed that activity on forums comes in waves like the tide. it ebbs and flows, and as such it now seems that we are on a surge. If we can keep the energy up, we should be able to ride this wave for some time, lets hope so.

12. Prissy

Prissy Member

Strangely enough the forums here are not a very popular thing to hear about in common everyday life. some people jin, see he slowness of our forums and leave without ever making a post.

It does seem however tat more people are finding us, and are becoming a lively bunch.

13. serodio

serodio Banned

Also, mind you that a lot of people come here to get off. Just like koalas: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.

14. Well, I'm finding it to be a lot busier than when I first joined a couple of weeks ago, and although I'm enjoying reading other people's kinky stories, and sharing my own, my main reason for coming here is to learn, and gain more experience that I can put to good use in the future :)

15. Nyx

Nyx Member

The forum does seem to lag a bit in places, but that's probably part of the natural eb and flow of conversation. I intend to post whenever there's some discussion I can be a useful part of. :)

And my top likes it because he can find all kinds of wicked ideas to try out on me. ;-)