Diet/exercise/weight loss thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

You'll get there, OLP. Believe me, the past year was filled with all sorts of obstacles and setbacks to my exercise regime (lost six weeks to pancreatitis). But I managed to develop the mindset that exercise was just going to be something I was going to do regularly, so when I lost a couple of weeks, it was just a setback to reaching my goals, rather than something that would prevent me from getting there altogether.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

sebastian

It takes time to see real results, OLP. My trainer said that I should not expect any visible results for 6-8 weeks after I started, and when I got to that point, it was only very subtle changes that I could see, although I felt some. By about 12 weeks, I was seeing some definite changes. Don't give up. This is the hardest stage because you need to actively build the habit of exercise. Once you have that habit, it gets much easier.

I just got back from my workout. A pretty hot guy offered me some advice on bench pressing. Turned out to be a former student of mine. Damn I wanted something to happen with him...

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

sebastian

Handcuff, that's good weight loss. Anything more than 2 lbs in a week is generally not healthy. I've lost up to 10 lbs in a week, but it when I had pancreatitis and wasn't eating anything at all. But diets and programs that promise more than about 2 lbs are either lying or relying on risky things. Of course, there's also water weight loss, but that's fake weight loss.

Fileboom Premium Account

I wish I could have been so successful :(

My toe infection is taking longer than I'd hoped to clear up, so I have to go back to the GP later today to see if he will give me any more antibiotics. I just want it all to clear up now, so I can start my walks again :(

On a good note though, I have been recommended the perfect pair of walking boots for £50, so I will be trying some on to find the right size as soon as my toe is sorted :)

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Handcuff: I can empathize a little bit. Pancreatitis knocked me on my ass. I would just lie on the couch and occasionally nibble on a cracker or a pretzel. I managed to get applesauce and popsickles down, and once in a while some soup, but not enough to keep up my energy or my weight. Of course, I was trying to lose weight, so once it was over, I was pretty happy to have lost about 8 lbs, which I've mostly managed to keep off.

OLP: Last time you saw your GP, you were rushed and didn't get to discuss everything you wanted to talk about. Make sure you force him to answer all your questions. This is really important with doctors. Be assertive.

Glad you're getting better boots for walking. They will make a difference. Hope you toe clears up soon.

Fileboom Premium Account

Oh, I did. I got to spend loads longer with him today, and he had a much better look at my toe, and prodded it to test for any pain/discomfort (which there was). He says it's almost gone, and has given me another weeks' worth of antibiotics, and said that this time it should clear up. I bloody hope so, because this is setting me back :(

Fileboom Premium Account

Status
Not open for further replies.