Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Well, all forms of marriage, including collaring, take a good deal of work and commitment on both parties. It means accepting that you will not get everything you want out of the relationship. Modern Americans are taught to expect an almost impossibly high degree of satisfaction from marriage: your spouse is supposed to be your best friend, your confident, your perfect lover, a great parent, and to balance work and the relationship perfectly, and this is all supposed to just happen. That's just unrealistic, but far too many people go into it not realizing that no real marriage can live up to the Hollywood fantasy.

I don't have any experience with collaring, but I can imagine that it brings along some added pitfalls. Subs may not realize how much autonomy they are surrendering and doms may imagine that they get to have everything they want because they're in charge. Either of these attitudes can, I would expect, lead to problems with compromising. Even doms have to be able to compromise in long-term relationships.

Fileboom Premium Account

Amuk

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I am really starting to believe that more and more just don't understand what forever means.

that sad part is, some don't realize that forever is forever, and view it as until i want something different. it's sad really, especially for us out there who say what we mean and mean what we say.

I'm with the both of you there.

As I get older, I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the thought of "forever." Yet that does not mean I don't understand what it means. It pains me to see these people my age and younger throw around this word like it is nothing but play toy. To me it is like sacrilege. Sure, maybe some of these young couples do understand, but most do not.

When I say that I'll love someone forever, I mean it, which is why I have been careful about saying that term. A sub of mine said that to me, and not a month later decided that she couldn't handle a relationship at all anymore. To understand something as infinite as forever, you must first let go of yourself so you can see the world around you. Someday I'm sure that I'll find someone who understand what I mean.

Well, all forms of marriage, including collaring, take a good deal of work and commitment on both parties. It means accepting that you will not get everything you want out of the relationship. Modern Americans are taught to expect an almost impossibly high degree of satisfaction from marriage: your spouse is supposed to be your best friend, your confident, your perfect lover, a great parent, and to balance work and the relationship perfectly, and this is all supposed to just happen. That's just unrealistic, but far too many people go into it not realizing that no real marriage can live up to the Hollywood fantasy.

I don't have any experience with collaring, but I can imagine that it brings along some added pitfalls. Subs may not realize how much autonomy they are surrendering and doms may imagine that they get to have everything they want because they're in charge. Either of these attitudes can, I would expect, lead to problems with compromising. Even doms have to be able to compromise in long-term relationships.

Exactly. Commitment isn't easy. It takes work. A lot of it, and from both sides. No matter what type of relationship.

Fileboom Premium Account