Collars, Collaring, and Everything Inbetween

sillylittlepet

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

there's been a lot of talk about collars lately

I used to think that getting a collar was no big deal. Like any other toy or outfit, but after being here I've heard some very interesting views

Tell me (and subsequently, everyone else) what's your view on collars and collaring?
Experiences? Thoughts?

Is there a difference between wearing a collar and being collared?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Last edited:
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Sparrow69

collaring is a signifying ceremony that shows devotion and commitment to the ongoing relationship that is shared between a master and a sub. its very akin to the exchanging of rings during a wedding ceremony, and doesnt actually have to be a collar, but something that holds a particular signifigance to the party in question. In the "story of O" they exchange silver rings that look like miniture gorean bands, while I've seen it done elegantly for those who spent time in the public eye and wish to remain private with a simple jeweled lock on a silver or gold chain.

Collaring is very personal, and not something that is done on a whim. It speaks to the heart of a lifetime commitment and carries with it the devotion of another human being.

Fileboom Premium Account

As far as collars go, I want to get my pup a well padded blue one with silver charms and two rings for a couple of leashes.

Collaring? Well, I actually think collaring goes well beyond marriage. Marriage is too simple to describe it, and marriages don't last. Collaring is a deep, life long commitment. You pledge your life to a certain person, whether it be dom or sub, and you will do anything for that person. The ceremony itself can be a simple giving of a collar, an exchange of vows, tying of ribbons, drinking from cups, blood vows, most anything.

Fileboom Premium Account

marriages don't last

I happen to really, really resent that statement. Marriages between people who believe in the permanence of marriage, of working out your issues without jumping to the court room DO work. I've seen it work for many, many people.

Anyhoo, I agree with the general consensus that [being collared] and [wearing collar] are two distinctly different things. . . and I'm not really finding anything in my head that would contribute to the conversation otherwise on that direct topic.

I'm personally not actively interested in wearing a collar or being collared. Potentially because I have a very different, sort of . . . . I guess "mild"(? for lack of a better word) relationship than many other people on this board.

Fileboom Premium Account