Is it normal to be scared?

brutalbeautiful

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Okay, so!
I wasn't sure where else to talk about this, since none of my friends and family really know about this particular quirk of mine. But I'm having an interesting reaction and am hoping for some advice.

I just joined the website collarme.com. And by "just", I mean within the past ten minutes or so. I've already received three messages. (Had no idea it was such a popular place, haha.)

Is it normal to feel both intrigued, and completely terrified? What were your experiences when you first started exploring the bdsm world?

(I think I'm mostly seeking reassurance that I'm not completely crazy for wanting to try this - and for being intrigued by complete strangers on the internet who may possibly want to tie me up sometime in the near future.)

Any advice? Haha.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

brutalbeautiful

Thank you! I have read through the entire FAQ - it was very informative and I'm still dipping back in once and a while to really absorb it all. You give some great advice, and this forum as a whole has really been a lifesaver.

I did actually meet a dom on collarme who seems like he meets my needs. He was very open to communication and safety - two of my absolute necessities.

I am planning on meeting him Friday. I am definitely nervous, but I'm also excited. A little more nervous than excited, at the moment. I will most likely report back afterwards!

I'd still love to hear some stories from ya'll - first time experiences or memories. Just so I know a teensy bit what I might be able to expect Friday. :)

Fileboom Premium Account

JettOnly

It is natural to fear ANYTHING new
Meeting a blind date for the first time is going to be scary - so more so with this

I dont know what you have planned yet but imo what you should be expecting for friday is a meet up in a public place for coffee or something to get a feel for what this guy is like

So nothing to worry about except for regular nervousness
Have fun and let us know how things go

Fileboom Premium Account

brutalbeautiful

I dont know what you have planned yet but imo what you should be expecting for friday is a meet up in a public place for coffee or something to get a feel for what this guy is like

The only thing we have concretely planned is coffee...but he did say he would like to try a scene Friday night if we connect well. Is that dangerous? I was going to set up a safety call with a friend of mine, in that case.

Thank you for the advice, and I will be sure to report back after Friday!

Fileboom Premium Account

Aibo

Oh yes its absolutely normal to be scared. As I admitted in another thread, even as the dominant I were scared crap.... whatever the first time.

Then fear is also part of the excitement in this, quite a number of us are also kick seekers.
When about to be locked into a box for a while and that on her suggestion, she have that as one important fetish. The girl I got as a playpartner right now said 'I am still not scared' and that were prolly as one invitation that I should roleplay something. Saying I were going to kepp her there bound, fettered and gagged for two weeks or something.
So fear can be useful and create better sessions - so go forth with fear now!

Fileboom Premium Account