Rope play

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Sean'sSlave, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Sean'sSlave

Sean'sSlave New Member

i wanted to get some rope for my master to tie up but I'm having a hard time finding any rope that i like with knowing what it feels like. i recently found this site that sells Multi Filament Polypropylene (MFP) Rope for .30 cents a foot. does anyone know if this will be any good? you can't beat the price but i want something to hold up.
    Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. L8NightQ

L8NightQ Member

Do not use polypropylene rope. Use braided or twisted nylon rope and I'd go with 1/4" or a little smaller. It's much softer than poly and will feel better on your skin. And it leaves good marks without damaging the skin.
    Always double the rope when tying.

If you go with the nylon you will have to whip it with thread, electric or adhesive tape, or rubber cement or it will unravel (even the braid, after time).

There's a thread about this somewhere.
  3. L8NightQ

L8NightQ Member

Thought I'd add an update to this post.

I recently found polypropylene braided rope that looks and feels like the nylon rope I've used before.

When I referred to polypropylene rope here and in other posts, I was talking about the rope usually used for boat anchors and tow ropes for water skiing. Very plastic feel.

If you find the soft white braided polypropylene rope, it may well be just fine.

I still would stick to the 1/4" or 5/16" size (3/8" max) and always double it. It works better that way.

I didn't ask before, and it may be to late, but why would you buy the rope?

I always picked my own and enjoyed the process.
    Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  4. Infinia

Infinia Member

just as a late aftertought you may wanna think off going past the army surplus stores. They usually sell very sturdy good rope and can give you some pointers.
    cheap, sturdy and has a very nice feel.
    just say your going camping jup camping
  5. rick1283

rick1283 New Member

Personally, I prefer a natural rope after its been treated. I can't recall the exact treatment technique, but i do know that it causes the rope to shrink some, and so you should buy more than you need.

Edit: Just remembered. The treatment involves boiling or soaking it in oil, then hanging it to dry in the sun (remember that part, its important). Then you go over it with a flame and carefully burn off all the loose threads.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  6. RosieA

RosieA New Member

What kind of rope is the best of original japanese rope play?

My local shop has a large variety of rope but I need some guidance from people who use it themselves.

thank you