Rope play

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Do not use polypropylene rope. Use braided or twisted nylon rope and I'd go with 1/4" or a little smaller. It's much softer than poly and will feel better on your skin. And it leaves good marks without damaging the skin.
Always double the rope when tying.

If you go with the nylon you will have to whip it with thread, electric or adhesive tape, or rubber cement or it will unravel (even the braid, after time).

There's a thread about this somewhere.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

L8NightQ

Thought I'd add an update to this post.

I recently found polypropylene braided rope that looks and feels like the nylon rope I've used before.

When I referred to polypropylene rope here and in other posts, I was talking about the rope usually used for boat anchors and tow ropes for water skiing. Very plastic feel.

If you find the soft white braided polypropylene rope, it may well be just fine.

I still would stick to the 1/4" or 5/16" size (3/8" max) and always double it. It works better that way.

I didn't ask before, and it may be to late, but why would you buy the rope?

I always picked my own and enjoyed the process.

Fileboom Premium Account

rick1283

Personally, I prefer a natural rope after its been treated. I can't recall the exact treatment technique, but i do know that it causes the rope to shrink some, and so you should buy more than you need.

Edit: Just remembered. The treatment involves boiling or soaking it in oil, then hanging it to dry in the sun (remember that part, its important). Then you go over it with a flame and carefully burn off all the loose threads.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited: