Maintaining a Relationship where only one partner is into BDSM...

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

VanillaSpouse

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Wow, thank you so much Seb.

That's a really interesting post, not just for the level of detail, but you've actually managed to give me some great insight as to how to go about this.

What I've been learning about myself in this is that nothing really disgusts me - of the examples you gave, forced feminization and verbal abuse are two of the ones relevant to my situation and I'm absolutely fine with those - I was surprised I suppose, but certainly not disgusted. I just felt really unsure of *myself* while doing it... and reading back through the thread I can see that I've just offloaded all my insecurities on here! Maybe the turn-off is more that I don't have a clue what I'm doing, or if it's the correct thing to do? Maybe I'm more vanilla in attitude rather than activity... sex-related kinkiness doesn't really faze me and I'm not averse to browsing Kink.com for my own use sometimes!

I just never thought to treat it like one long assertiveness-training course :D I fully intend to take charge a bit more in the relationship as a whole, not just in the bedroom, and then play that back with a reward/punishment system... that could be really cool and I think I'm getting some ideas now.

I told him off last night for being a very demanding sub and begging for too much attention from me, which I felt put me under a bit of pressure and added to my unsureness... he just laughed and said "Honey, you're not meant to give in to whatever the sub asks of you!! Just tell me to shut up and spank me!" So after a talk last night, and reading this in the morning, I think I get it now!

Your number 7 is a point that frightens me actually, and damn right I'm going to insist on that. I saw a very nice thread here about leaving one hand free, and having it "belong" to someone else, maybe on the phone... that's what I'm going to insist on. I know he hasn't been leaving one hand free, but he had a bad scare while I was away - one weekend, on his own (I wasn't due back for another month!) and found he didn't have the wiggle-room necessary to get over to the key for his padlocks... he was still looking a bit white telling me how he thought he was a dead man until one of the leather cuffs gave, and he was so grateful he hadn't buckled it properly! If I come home to find him dead I'm gonna kill him twice over! Maybe I'll make him do it on nights when I'm out with my girls, less than an hour away from returning and he's got to wait for me to come home and find him... apparently the suspense is sexy :)

To all posters, I can't tell you how much your responses have helped me - from the advice to start really slow and with little things that aren't too different, to the thoughts of Seb which have just really changed my attitude towards this. And also for the thought that you have to have a little bit of both D/S inside you.. I have been thinking about this one, and realised that I was a bit caught up in "having" to be the D, but not thinking about what it might be like from the S perspective... but doing to him what I'd like done to me would probably be a lot more exciting for me. So the conclusion is that a bit of empathy makes for better sexual tension, right?

L8, thank you for mentioning those docs. I had a look at the Caring Domination website - that's the White Knight stuff? I don't think that's for us, but thanks. Nothing wrong with humiliating and weakening a man, if that's what he wants! I've already got an Amazon shopping list up, so I'm going to add Different Loving to that... easier to carry round than my laptop!

I felt so panicked, yesterday, when starting this thread... and while I can't say I've entirely banished my fears, especially about public stuff which I know is a dearly-held dream of my husband's, I feel so much more confident about it now. I'm actually looking forward to tonight, shame it's only 10am here and we're both at work for the rest of the day!

I'm really grateful. Thank you!

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

VanillaSpouse

Have just remembered while typing this that I had originally wanted to register as "vanillawife", which I registered on another forum yesterday (but then found out you have to wait 7 days to post, aaargh) but that name was already taken here. I have just had a look at her post and I could have written it word for word... some more excellent advice and thoughts from seb on that one too.

I'll keep looking. Thanks again xx

Edited to ask: What's a munch?!

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Vanilla, I understand where you are coming from in terms of attitude. I was lucky that I got into this (really only back in Dec) with a guy who pushed me very aggressively to develop the attitude that what I wanted was the only thing that mattered. That helped me start wrapping my head around the idea that during the scene, the dom gets to do as he wishes within the sub's limits. In my experience, subs are generally rather pushy--they want attention, they want to be used, they want the thing that turns them on, and they want it now. But they also want to be denied, made to wait, made to work for what they want, and made to beg for it. I was chatting with a boy a while ago who was into verbal abuse, and I asked him "is there anything I could say that would offend you?", and his response was "Honestly, not really." That give me the confidence to push myself as far as I could in terms of verbal abuse, and now I regularly call him things I would never dream of saying to a non-sub. So once your husband has told you what his limits are, trust that he's been honest, and just assert yourself and see how it goes. Give him some safe words (I assume you know what those are) and work from the assumption that he will use them if he actually needs them. So if he's not using them, feel free to keep going and being as aggressive as you can.

If you had asked me 6 months ago, I would have said that most of what we're discussing on this forum was pretty extreme and a turn off for me. I would have identified as only mildly kinky, and a bit of sub. But then I had my dominance epiphany, figured out what this stuff was all about, and now I'm a dom with a pretty broad range of interests who really gets off on hurting and abusing cute guys. If I can find that within me (and believe me, I'm a very nice guy and very concerned about others), I think it's likely you can too. If pissing on guys doesn't disgust you, you have at least a mildly kinky side to you, and you just need to learn to have the confidence to assert your dominant side.

In regards to bondage, all the experts will say that leaving someone alone in bondage is a no-no. That doesn't mean people don't do it all the time, but if a man is strictly bound and absolutely helpless, he cannot tend himself is an emergency arises, and all sorts of things can go wrong--severe cramps, panic attacks, a rope slips and cuts off the airway, he vomits and starts to gag, a fire breaks out, and so on. So consider carefully what you do. Leaving him a hand free allows him to jack off if he wants to. Perhaps leave a key or a pair of EMT scissors nearby in case of an er. Or leave a cell-phone within reach so he can dial for help if need be. Some people here will probably say that I'm being too much of a worry-wart, but this is an area where I err on the side of caution.

A lot of people in your situation show up on the forum, post for a couple of days asking for advice, and then disappear. Please don't do that. Stay and chat with us about how you're doing. We'll cheerlead for you, give you tips about toys and techniques, and ask your opinion on our questions. Eventually, you'll be the one making comments like this for other newbies.

Fileboom Premium Account

L8NightQ

Hey Guys -

Seb - I meant what I said with great respect for your opinions, as I do for many others here.

VanillaSpouse - As Seb said, I to hope to see your comments in the future as well as now. Glad we could be of some help to you where we could. Don't be a stranger.

Since I was the one who talked about the binding with one hand free(with that one belonging to me). I agree with others that leaving someone bound is dangerous. My suggestion was to bind the legs and suspend the hand, then lay on the hand, making it immobile.

When we first started this game we had a long talk about what can happen to someone who is too successful at self bondage. She was a complete novice when we first started this.
The tie I suggested gives someone the best impression that they are bound while allowing them to escape when it's over (that is, once my hand allows it).
That's why, even though it works, I don't advocate the key in the frozen glass or ice cube, or, for that matter, the jar of ink. In a true emergency, how long would it take?, and is that time enough?
I don't want to lead anyone into a dangerous situation, and I don't want them cursing me with their last breath..... But this one did work for her, apparently long
after I got out of the game.
Hope this helps.

By the way..... I had the PDF file for caring domination, but didn't see anything about white knights. It seemed to be written for a beginner who found herself in the company of a submissive man.
The site it was based on is cair4 dot com.

Here is an excerpt:

Your husband wants you to dominate him. What will be different?

Probably sex. Some submissive men are interested only in sexual scenes and have no interest in submissiveness outside the bedroom. That's fine, but not what this website preaches, so if your husband sent you to this website, he probably wants to be dominated outside the bedroom too. (But sex is still very important to him.)

And now you are in charge. The boss. The queen. But probably you were already in charge of home, children, or social relations. Now he is a part of your dominion. But you probably already tried to control him. Maybe he was a resource to care for home and family. He might have already followed your directions for social relationships. So this could be a big change in power, but it probably isn't.

The change is this. There is a primitive part of his personality that wants to be dominated. You are going to plug into that primitive part of his personality. You are going to dance the ancient dance of domination. You are going to be the goddess he is looking for. You are going to use his sexual desire to have control over him. When you tap into that primitive part of his personality, serving you is going to become erotic to him. He will be enslaved by his love for you, and that too will be erotic for him.

You already care for your husband, or you wouldn't be here. But you might think he can manage his own happiness by himself, without your attention. It will probably help your dominion if you sometimes exert your dominance to help care for him............

and so on. (excerpt from web site that matched the PDF intro)

Good luck VS

Fileboom Premium Account