Dominant demeanours

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Obedient Little Puppy, Apr 30, 2009.

1. This is something that has fascinated me for a while, and I was just wondering how doms like to behave while in control of their slaves.

For instance, some will have an aggressive demeanour, whether in voice or in body language or both, shouting or hitting their slaves, whereas others will possess a more quiet control.

My master is often physically aggressive with me, but when it comes to the vocal stuff, he tends to be pretty quiet, sometimes calm, sometimes mocking. He will snap at me on occasion, or speak in a harsh tone, but as far as I can remember has never raised his voice to me, unlike my previous partner, who would proper let rip and shout during our brief experimentation with BDSM, but would be a lot calmer in his body language.

In my personal opinion, a quiet demeanour is actually more intimidating than full on aggression, because there is something about it, this intense self control, that gives me a delicious sense of fear. But does aggression mean a dom is not in full control of themselves, or is this just part of the game? Either way, I find it an intense, highly enjoyable experience, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on all of the above :)

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

I tend to be Calm, Cold, emotionless, like a robot. I've never given much thought as to how other Dom's may be, this is a good topic for discussion.

3. Calm, cold and emotionless...I knew there was something I'd missed out of my description, I just couldn't quite think of the right words at the time :)

4. Nyx

Nyx Member

My top is very quiet and intense. He gives off an air of being calm and in control.

And I agree. It is incredibly scary!

5. Hmm...I'm also interested to learn how the dom is feeling on the inside when they are acting in their particular way, and whether or not the inner feelings and outward demeanour coincide...sorry for getting all psychological :D

6. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

no prob OLP, on the inside, I feel alive, more alive and exhilarated then I ever have. I am at war, fighting a battle between my inner beast and the robot that i am displaying. I am very much in control, but tempting the beast, and that is what is truly exhilarating... not the slaves, but the inner battles in us both.

7. JoseAequitas

JoseAequitas New Member

well hey this is to sparrow69.
    I am a dom and I'm new to this game.
    I'm more into the psychological play.
    my sub is into it too.
    I want to know how to better control that.
    like when we're in public and she's playful.
    how do I control her and make her listen regardless.
    to not let her think..
    just listen and do as I say.

8. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

send me a pm, and we'll talk, maybe i can give you some pointers.

9. I find that I'm almost professional, like a teacher. I speak clearly and deliberately. I'm calm. I'm not sure why I take on this persona, but- that's just what I feel comfortable doing.

10. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

its the librarian in you.... ;)

11. Master C

Master C Member

I have often been told I have the look of a teacher, that you know you did something wrong, just by the look I give. I guess a dom would need to be intimidating, in each their own way.

12. Prissy

Prissy Member

You do scare me when you use that look. But I am also brave enough to question it, Master. Although, sometimes I think I shouldn't

13. My master occasionally gets this really psychotic look in his eyes when he's taking on a vile persona that is really disturbing. When he played a burglar last weekend, he got really heavily into his role and got carried away, not to the point where I was in any danger, but he is very aware that he gets carried away and worries about it, even though, luckily, he is self aware enough to remember who/where he is, if that makes sense.

14. Prissy

Prissy Member

It makes a lot of sense, Puppy.

15. Nyx

Nyx Member

My top has mentioned that he worries about who he becomes and getting carried away, even though we have never had any issues with his staying in control. I wonder if this is a common theme among dominants?