Choking and bruising

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Hey ss - This is a real hot button, but I'm glad you asked, since many just do it without thinking about what I'm going to tell you.

First and formost - learn all you can about the mechanics and physiology of what you're doing. Here's a start
http://www.backdrop.net/sm-201/index.php?title=Breath_play

Here is just one quote that I thought I would include for those that don't worry about the consequences.......

"Asking how one can play safely with breath control is very similar to asking how one can drive a car safely while draining it of oil."

--Mechanic says "Don't do that".

"Well, I'm going to drain my car of oil anyway, and I'm not going to keep track of how low the oil level is getting while I'm driving my car, so tell me how to do this with as much safety as possible." (They may even add someting like "Hey, I always shut the engine off before it catches fire.")

You starting to get it?

It's not the passing out.... it's the cardiac arrest that is the real worry. Sometimes hypoxia can cause it even though you didn't pass out. Please read it.
Pay attention to the terms acidosis, alkalosis, and especially PVC's.

This is just one reference, but it's a good start. It also does not mince words about what you are doing.
As WMA Guy says - Google is your best friend. Use keywords "edge play" and "breath play" and look around.

Find a local CPR class and take it. I believe first aid and CPR are requirements for any person that ties another one up (may not make any difference in this case though). If you're in this for the duration, you should think about it.

OK.... Now, I will assume that you have the proper respect for what you are talking about, and I have some suggestions that you might like. I've used this in sessions over the years without incident, but I consider myself very responsible and I put my sub first in whatever I do.

First, if he likes to choke you with his hands around your neck, Seb is correct in that your window of opportunity to leave the bus is very small. He's gonna have to really watch it on this one.

Find a long silk scarf to wrap "once" around your neck. Hold one end in each hand. You can do this in a number of positions but the easiest is sitting on top of him, or ass up. have him force your hands to tighten the scarf around your neck while he does you. If it gets to bad, or you start to pass out, your hands will release at least one end of the scarf. This works pretty well but make sure he is not forcing your hands around the scarf so that you can't release.
This is probably the safest of all techniques I have come across because you cannot choke yourself to death under your own power. Again, make sure he is not doing anything to stop at least one of your hands from releasing, and make sure the scarf is free to move (not under your body weight).

Second is my favorite. Have him tie your hands behind you sit you on top of him. As you ride him he should force you to lean in to him while he holds his hands in a capitol "U" around your neck (open but tight). As you lean in your own weight will work against his hands, choking you. If he wants to choke you more, he can let you come lower. If he wants to release a little he can push you back up (pushing his palms against the chest top) He can watch you closely and monitor you from there. If you start to blank our your body will slump a little and break the position and if you choke to much you can just turn your head to indicate that it's too much. This gets real intense so both of you should be aware ahead of time. The fact that you can get carried away, and that he is using his hands increases the risk of bruising here.

Never let him tie a knot around your throat that can choke you, and don't do it yourself either. Whatever is used to choke you has to release immediately.

You should really want to focus on the control part of this and not the near unconsciousness part. That's what I do.... I never push this to the edge.

Don't do mouth and nose control. It puts all the control and responsibility on him. If he misses "any" queue, that could be it.....

Rope leaves marks very easily. The thicker the material around your neck the less it can bruise you (pillowcase can work too).

As long as the pressure from his hands is consistent around the whole (front) of your neck, there is not as much chance of bruising but be aware that in the summer months, any bruising that does happen will be harder to cover. A scarf is an easy cover-up in the fall or spring and the obvious turtleneck in the winter. If covering make-up is an option, please buy it ahead of time.

You will get some bruising at some point if you do this kind of play.

Make no mistake...... Things can go wrong real fast here. Make sure you both study as much as possible about this kind of stuff before you really incorporate it into your scenes. You can't know to much. People really do die from this, so respect what you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Precious

L8night was pretty much through in it all! Good suggestions on how to play it too, let us now how it goes

An idea for breath control I had, it's not as exciting as ya'know choking but he could always have you wear a corset-not so tight that it ruins your organs- but enough that you have to think about your breaths. That would be more of an every day thing and not really sex-in-the-moment thing but I think it might be safer, dunno its just an idea!

Fileboom Premium Account

sluttysub

L8NightQ - Thank you so much for all the fantastic advice! I love your suggested techniques and will bring them up with my husband. We will definitely be doing more research before we try this again. While I love the feel of his hands around my neck and feel perfectly safe, there is no denying that we can get too carried away. All it takes is a moment for things to go wrong. For the record, we are both first aid and cpr certified (and I have no desire to do mouth and nose control). :)

Precious - I SO want a corset! And to answer your previous inquiry, the reasons I enjoy the choking are two-fold. It greatly increases all the sensations I'm feeling, putting me over the edge, and the feel of his hands around my neck, the knowledge that he has full control is mind blowing to me. Put the two together and it's an amazing experience!

Fileboom Premium Account

Precious

Slutty- I love corsets they are just so exciting and intoxicating to me! Unfortunately my mistress wants me fatter before i get a corset (Im like 20 lbs UNDER weight), I can see why it would be exciting enjoying the choking, maybe another thing he could do is hold you there by his hands, and use a (FAKE ) knife on your side and make you hold your breath. You have him in control, the sensation you'll get when you finally release that breath, and if you pass out, you continue to breath with no damage to yourself, im not saying DONT do the choking (not saying do it either but lol) but I'm just trying to think of other fun substitutes you can have so its not always the choking

Fileboom Premium Account

Boundperil

Safety, Safety, Safety!!!!

Two tips that help us. We use a fleece tie from robe, is there a name for that thing? LOL. Anyway, it is soft, doesn't leave marks and is about 2 in wide to create a nice even placement.

The 2nd is, buy yourself a pair of medical shears, like these:
premshears9large.jpg

They are not expensive and work great for emergencies. Evening hand holding the tie, something could go wrong and that is not the time to have to look for something. In fact, we keep them around the playroom at all times, for everything but chain, which we don't use very often.

Fileboom Premium Account