Cheap floggers... Bad idea?

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

The general rule with sex toys is that you get what you pay for. Cheap will always equal low quality materials and usually equals poor workmanship. (However, expensive doesn't always guarantee high quality.) Cheap sex toys will generally not hold up under repeated use, will be hard to clean without damaging, and may break during use. This last issue is a particular problem for bdsm play, because when a toy breaks, it may injure the sub. My feeling is that you're better off paying more for a toy that will last longer and help you feel confident about using it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

RS1981

Yeah I guess you're right sebastian, but on the other hand it only cost her about $5.00 so it should hold up long enough until we can invest in a better one. I'm not sure exactly what to get though, she likes a sting with floggers as opposed to a thud, so does that mean I should get one with thinner strands? We don't want an actual whip right now because we're sort of beginners and whips are harder to control.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

My understanding, and I've only just started exploring flogging, is that thicker strands and more strands will generally give you thudding, while thinner strands and fewer strands will generally give you stinging. Also, stiffness is a factor--stiffer tails will produce more sting. And the material the tail is made from also affects sting vs thud.

You're right to hold off on getting a singletail (what you call an actual whip)--they are definitely advanced play and require a lot of practice to use safely.

Fileboom Premium Account