Weird purple splotches after intense spanking

Discussion in 'Safety aspects of BDSM' started by Karl "Groucho" Marx, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Karl "Groucho" Marx

Karl "Groucho" Marx New Member

Hi, I'm fairly new to BD/SM and I just completed my first scene a couple days ago. The scene, other details aside, had me spanking my little slave until I couldn't move my hand, and after we finished and the redness on her ass died down a while later, we noticed these weird little black splotches, almost like small bruises all over her ass. It's been a couple days now, and they haven't gone away. She says they don't hurt or seem tender, but I just want to make sure. Anyone know anything about this? I hope it's just me being a worried master and everything is fine.
    Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

I've gotten weird spatterings of dark bruises before, although I can't remember why (it was not play-related). I'd wait another day or two if they're not bothering her, and do some research online. I've been looking, but I don't see anything to useful- the only similar symptom was of a fungus, and that doesn't seem likely. It seems likely to me that they're just some broken blood vessels.

If they don't fade and you don't find something that sounds like a feasible cause, it might be worth calling a doctor.
  3. Karl "Groucho" Marx

Thanks a lot, she actually forgot to tell me she's Vitamin D Deficient, so bruises tend to linger a lot, which is probably what it is. Thanks for looking though~
    Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  4. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

If you're going to spank her regularly, I'd suggest requiring her to take a Vitamin D supplement. It will help with the bruising. Some BDSMers claim that if you cut open a Vitamin D gel cap, you can rub the contents on the skin and it will reduce bruising, but I don't know there's any science to back that up.
  5. Karl "Groucho" Marx

Definitely something to look in to, and she's already taking supplements. I definitely need to put some research in to how safely I can spank or whip her with regards to temporal proximity of the last spanking. I may end up doing some sort of cycle where if we do this more regularly I'll cycle where I hit so as to not repeatedly hit a bruised area.
  6. ickle_cat

ickle_cat New Member