After spanking sub drop?

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

One component of sub drop is physical and one is emotional. The physical, I believe, is largely caused by your body coming down off of endorphins and other biochemical substances released to manage pain. I don't think there's much to be done about that component, although things that are warm, sugary, or mildly caffeinated might help take the edge off it. So try fruit juice, chocolate candies, or perhaps cocoa, tea, or coffee. A blanket or a warm bath might help as well.

The emotional component is to some extent about the feelings you experienced during play. Perhaps you feel ashamed because you're being spanked, or ashamed because you enjoy being spanked. Or perhaps your parents spanked you as a child and this brings up those childhood feelings or memories. Spending some time understanding your feelings and where they are coming from might help reduce the emotional component. Some aftercare focused on your emotional needs (snuggling, crying, talking out your feelings, etc) might also help.

Or you might simply accept that you're going to be moody and run down the next day, and plan your play sessions with that in mind (so don't play the day before an important meeting or a long trip or whatever).

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

JettOnly

I think the physical aspect there is very little you can do about, its like if you get hangovers, you decide if it is worth it for the fun you have had
Everyone is going to respond differently. Possibly going for a run or something to get some feel good chemicals into the blood might help in a kind of hair of the dog way

I know the couple of times it has happend to me I found the worst thing I could do was sit around and try and pamper myself
I painted all the doorframes in my house lol, it was hard to motivate myself but I felt much better for being useful

Fileboom Premium Account

My girls tell me that exercise helps the physical aspect.

Your body is dealing with the same levels of endorphins that you'd get with extreme work outs and very high levels of adrenaline such as you'd have in a panic attack. It takes quite a while for the body to metabolize adrenaline. This is why you have the shakes AFTER the cop has written your ticket and left. Normally you'd burn these chemicals during your flight or fight reflexive actions. Since you've completed your activities and are tired and resting this causes the body to take even longer dumping these chemicals. Exercise helps restore balance. Over hydrating and eating foods that increase endorphin production such as chocolate and spicy foods while help offset the adrenaline.

The emotional aspect takes a little more attention. We make a workout date for the next day to take care of mind and body at the same time and I spend that following day checking on them either physically, on the phone or IM. Typically we carry on a day long conversation in IM after a session when "normally" we just check in a couple times a day.

Fileboom Premium Account

Another valuable facet to be aware of with sub drop (which being that you are married, it should not be much of an issue) is to keep yourself involved socializing after experiencing Sub-Drop. Having a partner who can add positivity when experiencing these feelings come up, will help. Being around others who are enjoying each others company will help stimulate your mood, as well as provide a mental outlet to direct your mind and mood onto something else more positive.

Fileboom Premium Account