Conditioning to enjoy pain

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by JettOnly, Oct 7, 2011.

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM
  1. JettOnly

JettOnly Member

Hey there, Im new :) not just to the forum!!
    So I will have a whole load of questions - please bear with me

But for the first one

I have a big knowladge of classical conditioning and things like that from real life

Sorry if this is a really dumb question

Does everyone into that side of BDSM start out enjoying pain and build from there or can you build from a disire to submit and become contitioned to enjoy pain?

2. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

I either didn't enjoy pain or didn't know I enjoyed pain before I got into this.

I'd say you can do both, anyway. Mixing it with pleasure, and reward, and sex either way, and building a tolerance.

3. JettOnly

JettOnly Member

Thank you
    That is what I hoped
    Great helpful forum as well, most of my questions and fears have been sorted out

Well except for the exciting fear of the unknown but I have a better handle on what I need to discuss with my soon to be new master

Wish me luck

4. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

In my experience, some guys (and I'm gay, so I can only comment on guys, but I assume it's roughly the same for women) are hard-wired to like pain and some aren't. If a guy likes a little pain, he can learn to like a lot. If he doesn't like pain at all, I'm not sure he can easily be trained to learn to like it (but I've never tried---I've just always moved on to a more promising boy). My test is does he like having his tits squeezed? If likes that pain, I think he has potential to like more intense stuff.

5. JettOnly

JettOnly Member

Well I have always loved biting and scratching, hair pulling and in the right mood I have enjoyed choking (although reading some of the threads on here I won't be doing that again) just I never actually fancied the idea of spanking or anything tougher so I never tried it
    I am interested in the idea now so I guess time will tell now :)

6. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

And if you don't like it, it's not as though you can't just decide to stop.

7. principe65

principe65 New Member

I am a gay sub and bottom. I always said I don't like pain, don't do pain, but got talked over by a new aquaintance who wants to be my master. (haven't done that before either, being slave). I was flogged a week ago, rather mildly I guess, but something broke inside me and it was like a religious experience, I felt like I received a divine revelation and I got an enormous orgasm, I did not come, but I had an orgasm of of volcanic dimensions. My answer to original question is, you never know before you try it. I have never, ever experienced something like that, and I have been doing sex for over 40 years.

8. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

That's a more extreme version of what I meant. I didn't know I'd enjoy pain.

9. JettOnly

JettOnly Member

Thankyou principle
    I guess its a moot point now as it seems the guy was messing me about
    and this is only something I would consider as a part of a relationship so I dont wanna go down the route of looking for a dom

ahh well. Thankyou all anyways, I guess my mind is easier if in the future I find someone into inflicting pain Im up for trying it

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM