Expressing gratitude to the members of the forum

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by HisFox, Jul 29, 2011.

1. HisFox

HisFox Member

Hello everyone! Sorry for a possible inconveniences by this post, but I've registered here primerly to express some feelings, specially towards some of the members of this forum.

I'm from Russia originally, and for quite a while had been exploring russian BDSM forums and internet communitites. But once I stopped by here a few days ago, I got surprised. You see, if you have a problem or need an advice (especially if you are a newbie), and you address to the members of our forums, you would most likely be made fun of or insulted by more "experienced" users. They would even exress their opinion or tell something sarcastically, which an unexperienced person would take seriously and as a result, make a lot of mistakes.

Not to be unfair, I should say that my opinion doesn't apply to all of them.

But what have we here, on smspace? Total support in most simple and basic questions, patient and detailed answers... Most of the threads have feedback, people share their experience and give really useful advices. I myself have found so much information and support in the questions I've been doubting about...

My personal thanks and gratitudes to Sebastian, Obedient Little Puppy, Master Jey, sillylittlepet and so much more of others (sorry, I haven't remembered everyone yet :) )

Sorry again for creating a whole thread, but really I'm so happy I've came across all of you, guys! Hope we will make friends and share feelings, thoughts, experience and knowledge :)

A forum is nothing without its users, so this one is the best one I've seen :)
    Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium
  2. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

I'm glad you feel we've been of help. Stay around and help us help others
  3. HisFox

HisFox Member

Thanks! I surely will, also hope to become an active member here :)
  4. master jey

master jey Moderator

SMplace stuff and members are always glad to help

Thanks for adding me to the list I mainly clean the forum and am not active in conversations
  5. HisFox: I've felt the same way. It took me awhile to find this forum, but I stopped looking for others and posting elsewhere. I've been out of convo for awhile, but I still read a lot here. It is a great site with great people. I've always had my questions answered without feeling like I'm dumb for asking.
  6. apex1o1

apex1o1 New Member

forum ninja right here,
    i pretty much read every post
    great community
  7. HisFox

HisFox Member

master jey, a couple of your posts were really useful to me at some points :)

handcuff_freak, totally agree! Some people are nervous about looking like an idiot if they ask some pretty simple or unusual question, so they'd rather kepp it, and then as a result make mistakes
  8. Sally

Sally Member

i want to thank everyone for helping me.

it has been a big help comming here, not feeling like a freak anymore.

thanks for this thread HisFox, and you got the cutest pic ever <3
  9. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Jey: You're just playing hard to get. You'll submit eventually.

Sally: Most of us felt like a freak or very confused when we started exploring BDSM. You are definitely not alone.

Cuffy: Glad to see you're back. I hope things have improved a little for you.
  10. sillylittlepet

sillylittlepet Active Member

Aww thanks HisFox!!

I was terrified to post when I first started here, but its really nice to know that many of the forumers actually care about the responses they give
  11. HisFox

HisFox Member

sillylittlepet, this is actually the first forum I've ever registered and posted at. You guys create some kind of a special atmosphere, where newcomers as well as experienced people feel comfortable enough to communicate and just be a part of all this :)
  12. LilBunny

LilBunny New Member

I know this is an old post, but I didn't want to start a new thread onnsomething that has already been done. Thank you so much to all of you for being open, honest, and supportive. I'm trying to work my way backwards through the threads, so forgive me if I ask questiins or start threads that've already been done to death. I'm new, that's my excuse. :) The ppl here are such an inspiration. Thank you guys, and keep the good advice coming!
  13. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Thanks. We try to be helpful and welcoming.
  14. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

I'm glad to see that after all these years, this site is still standing up to the ideals of its intent, to allow others a safe and welcoming place to share themselves, learn, and grow. Don't worry about starting a new thread to show your appreciation, threads like these will always be welcome.
  15. billvernon2

billvernon2 New Member

SMplace is the absolute best & there's absolutely no question about it.

I've been to more sites than I care to admit & nothing compares with this one.

Thank you for being so welcoming & so helpful!