a little help from my friends ...

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by Luna, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Luna

Luna Member

I spent a good deal of time this evening going back through FAQ's and it really is a great starting point. And thank you Sebastian, for sharing that wealth of knowledge. You are very good with words, and you explain things well.

The witching hour approaches and I am off to visit with my lover in a few weeks. We see each other at best, maybe a week every three or four months. Every encounter we have we delve a little deeper into our desires. His desire is to be dominated, which we have 'practiced' however we have promised ourselves that this holiday will be about truly exploring our desires and discovering each other.

I posed to him the question of what it is he wants, what he expects of me. His reply was more of 'why he desires this' and not so much 'what he desires.' I tried to elaborate on where the limits are because I believe he underestimates my ability and again the reply was more of 'I have no limits.' So how do I coerce a real answer from him, get the ball rolling so to speak. Between us communication is very good and I'm not sure how we got snagged on this.

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium
  2. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

When a guy tells me he has no limits, I usually respond with, "Great! So I can cut you till you bleed, shit on the cuts, and beat you until I leave scars!" At that point, they usually discover that they actually have a few limits.

3. Knots

Knots Member

Sebastian is quite right, and sometimes people saying they have "no limits" or even not thinking of a limit can lead to other less obvious scenarios.

To give an example, I'd been doing things with my pet for months, and we'd discussed limits/how we felt about certain things/etc a lot, and so far as I was aware she was fine with all body part activities, but we had never discussed feet individually, and she hadn't thought to mention that although it wasn't a limit, she was very much unkeen on the idea; much to my surprise when I randomly did foot related things one day (rather spur of the moment, hadn't "planned" it), only for her (after the scene was over) to get slightly upset about it and feel ill for a few hours afterwards.

All is fine now of course, and it's now an ambition to overcome her diffiulty with feet through training, but this is a rather tame example of something which could have been much more...damaging.

4. Luna

Luna Member

So in other words, be blunt. Throw out there something so extreme that it really makes him think.

5. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Yeah, more of less. There are people out there who are into very extreme play. And remember that extreme is relative. I used to think that stuff like pup play and water sports were really extreme. After doing some exploring and realizing what the essence of those kinks are, I find them sort of normal. I completely understand why people do them. So point out some of the possible things that a domme might enjoy doing with him, and ask him if he would accept those things.

6. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

I'm curious, Sebastian, what's extreme for you?
    Edge play, or?

7. kajmir

kajmir Member

I say we put Seb on solving world hunger and world peace...should have it fixed by Friday.

But I've used Seb's example myself and find it holds true...it's either a lie or more often then not an honest ignorance.

8. Luna

Luna Member

I will take it at honest ignorance. And in fact it did work, and we now have some ground rules to expand upon. So thank you, everyone. I am learning some very interesting things about this relationship.

9. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Smallest, yeah, edge play: blood, fire, breathe control, scarring, branding, that sort of thing.

10. Knots

Knots Member

I think most people who're aware of the risks have real breath control as a hard limit. Something I don't think I'm ever going to be prepared to participate in.

11. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

I agree. I'm always surprised by how many people get into it. It's probably the singlemost dangerous BDSM practice there is, but people don't seem to realize that

12. Luna

Luna Member

I certainly appreciate the dangers of breath control.
    My lovers don't string me up by the neck or the to strangle me.
    There is for me very few things I can think of that are more arousing than the feel of his strong hands on my neck. Or if he does find a scarf, a tie, a belt- those little tugs that say I am in control here- yeah, wow.
    I read up on Jay Wiseman, very informative.

13. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

So, do you like just the restraint, or the breath control? I can agree with you on the restraint, and seconds of more than that, usually put on by my own struggling, but not real breath control.

14. Knots

Knots Member

That's basically what I'm prepared to do with my girl, since this seems to be a hot topic now.

15. Luna

Luna Member

I'm not looking for suffocation/strangulation. I'm not looking for the so-called euphoric high from oxygen deprivation. That is foolish.
    What I enjoy is the sensation of very strong hands on my neck, around my throat.
    The belt I like and much like a scarf, once he lets go it will go slack. All right, the tie is dangerous, I'll give you that one, but he so loves me in my business attire!

There was one incident with my younger lover when he grabbed my throat, which is not something he would normally do, had never done before, it was a lovely orgasm as I recall. However, later in the day I did notice some minor petechial hemorrhaging. We had a little talk ...