Behind the Username

Discussion in 'Section open for any subject to discuss' started by Nyx, Jun 8, 2009.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
  1. Nyx

Nyx Member

So... why did you pick the username that you did? :)

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. subspace

subspace Member

Mine is easy! My favorite place is subspace!

Nyx: What about you?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  3. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

Well 69 has been my number on every competition setting I've been in, from auto racing, to drag racing, to AMA racing, to Baseball, hockey, football, soccer, rugby, paintball, and its my favorite number.

Sparrow because its my nickname and call sign in most sports and all through high school. It fits, I've always used it, and its the name i identify with.

4. nix

nix Guest

Nix is just my first name. Pretty boring really.

5. Nyx

Nyx Member

I've used mine as a username for many things over the years, identifying partly with the myth of Nyx as the night, a creature of shadow and dark but one who is not considered evil in any way. I've always found that intriguing, as most people think of the dark as a 'bad' thing. Much the same as people looking at the bdsm lifestyle as something 'bad' or 'dirty'.

Heh, got a little philosophical there. ;-)
    I also just like the way it sounds!

6. EZRA

EZRA Member

Ezra because I like the cadence.
    Ezra because I like lack of gender identity.
    Ezra for Ezra Pound the author of Cantos the most long winded love poem in history, and extremely interesting person.
    Hes is also the author of a funny little book that changed my life called The ABCs of Reading.

7. Amuk

Amuk Member

Well, my name is actually another name in reverse: Kuma. In Japanese, "kuma" means "bear." The reason I chose to use that animal is because of the simple fact that my friends, for one reason or another, relate me to a bear. Some say it's because I'm big and "fluffy," while others say it's because I'm usually calm, but if you tick me off I'll rip your face off. After a few years of being called a bear, I've just come to accept that I'll never lose that title, so I've embraced it.

As for why I reversed it, I just wanted to do something a bit different, as well as coming close to a word in English: amuck. Like running amuck. I found that it suits me because things always seem to be doing so in my life. Never a quiet moment.

8. Well, I like puppy play, and I'm only little...

...but maybe I shouldn't have put 'obedient' too as I've been anything but lately! :D

9. Leilani

Leilani New Member

I wish I were as original as some people here. I always suffer from creative block when I register for these things.

10. Maxxim

Maxxim New Member

Maxxim is the name of my first RP character...and he was the beginning of the thousands of incarnations of Maxxim over the years. Oddly...I've become more like Maxxim rather than Maxxim becoming more like me...

11. Miamhail

Miamhail New Member

Mine loosely translates in Gaelic to "the cats meow.". Miam = cat and hail = greeting. A cats greeting is a meow.

12. Well this is a subject we can't answer as a couple but I (husband) can. I have had this username in my AIM for years now. It just randomly popped up on my head one day when I wanted a new screen name for my AIM messenger but now thinking about it I am pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I have been called a freak all my life and the santuary part, I believe it came from a mixture of things. I know one of them was from Scorpion, the character in Mortal Kombat. Don't ask me how exactly but I know I was playing mortal kombat and santuary got stuck in my head.

Now though, I see Santuary Freak dealing with the relationship my wife and I have. First of all, we are into bondage and are slowly learning together. Although she is submissive to me (sometimes we have to wrestle in order for me to dominate her, which I love). Obviously we all know that for anyone that is into BDSM, we are considered, um.. freaky. So there, we got Freak out the way. Santuary though is off the word Sanctuary which is a place to worship. So between the love my wife and I have, the sex life we have with dominance and submission it is like our way to express or even worship ourselves. If that makes any sense to anyone that is. :D

13. ReallyGreen

ReallyGreen Member

Because I've only been doing this for five years and still have much to learn.....

14. serodio

serodio Banned

Green is gold in nature! Stay golden.

My username, why that's my last name.

15. master jey

master jey Moderator

cuz I'm master and my name is jey :)

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM