15/male/camslave seeks Mistress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I've been thinking a bit about this for a while, and I don't know if anyone else here would agree, but I, personally, would feel safer if this site was made 'closed' so that not just anyone could view the information we all provide here. Set to completely private, so that only forum members can see anything that gets posted, and only on entering their username and password.

I think that is a terrible suggestion. Some people that never registered to this site have contacted me after reading my contact thread and seeing my e-mail. These people would never have contacted me unless this forum would've been open. While I unfortunately wasn't compatible with them, or it just wouldn't work out, making this forum closed would dramatically lessen at least my chance of finding the right person for me, seeing that I have quite a different personality, to say the least. I honestly don't think anyone who contacted me ever even registered... so making this forum closed should reasonably be of significance, and not just to me. Not everyone who uses this forum already has someone... I sure don't.

As for the pointer that the owner of a site is subject to the laws of the country they live in... the law of - I suppose it is the USA - may have changed, I'm sure, but previously, even in the US, the laws that must be followed are the laws of the country in which the server is located. Of course, since I am aware of how harsh the laws in the US tend to be about these kinds of things, if US laws are a threat to the continued existence of this site, I'd gladly buy the rights to the use of this site and move the server to Sweden, as long as the cost would be reasonable.

I agree, however, that fifteen-year-olds don't tend to be mature enough for this kind of stuff... but in accordance to US law, it'd be just as unaccepted if it'd be a person just below eighteen.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

I can see your point about how the forum's privacy could restrict the chances of you meeting someone, but surely the most important thing is the safety of its members, as well as guests? How would you feel if a stink was caused if, say, a 10 year old somehow found this site? Far fetched maybe, but it's not impossible for such a thing to happen.

Fileboom Premium Account

Death

I can see your point about how the forum's privacy could restrict the chances of you meeting someone, but surely the most important thing is the safety of its members, as well as guests? How would you feel if a stink was caused if, say, a 10 year old somehow found this site? Far fetched maybe, but it's not impossible for such a thing to happen.

I constantly am haunted by thoughts of all the dreadfulness that every second keeps happening in this awful world, but you can't start fiddling with the rights of people because of what might happen. This path is constantly taken, nowadays, and the more or less "democracies" of the world, that took so much to develop, now are sinking into a new age where what these countries have developed is starting to fall apart. Bad things may always happen... always. And compromising the rights of people only lead to yet more compromises - because people get used to the old compromises - and soon it's all gone. Due to this, I strongly oppose that suggestion. And don't forget: that ten-year-old could end up hurt in the same way through Google. It's up to the parents to do their best to protect their children, not up to everyone else at the cost of liberties. While I myself would wish I could keep all kinds of badness from happening, and so often feel like shit while thinking about how this world is, I myself, at least, still would not compromise liberties such as these as a means to protect them. The problem with just tolerating such measures is that the measures never end... just look at how Germany has become - not even schoolgirl uniforms used during sex is legal, anymore - what consenting adults may do at home is now illegal, there, if what they do may be connected to the adults acting to be "minors" - all this in the name of protecting minors. Measures like these usually never end and therefore I strongly oppose the suggestion.

Fileboom Premium Account

Martello

This would be perfectly legal if not previously discussed. Now it's a premeditated act.
dont ban him ip jast this profile so he can freely explore this site and maybe post as annon i think this would be legal :)

I would suggest you make a personals ad. We have Craig's List here in the US which is perfect for what it is. However a place where peoplecan speak and interact freely is far more important. IMO anyway...
I think that is a terrible suggestion. Some people that never registered to this site have contacted me after reading my contact thread and seeing my e-mail. These people would never have contacted me unless this forum would've been open.

Fileboom Premium Account

Martello

Who's fiddling with rights exactly? By and large the safety of the forum members is far more important then a single member who's desire to find someone. I think if you cared about your fellow forum members and members of the community involved with this life style - you wouldn't even argue. I would rather know people like Sparrow, Subspace and OLP were meant to be kept safe over me getting some. It's a possibility you've yet to run into the social stigma one can expect if and when it should be found out you have a fetish or are active in a fetish lifestyle. here's a great word that sums it all up: Pariah.

I've experienced it first hand among some of my closest friends. Imagine if something like that had spread to someones job? Family life? their children or children's school?

That's a lot more important then anything else. You can go to a bar broke and maybe strike it lucky. That's exactly how I work it. Sometimes I find a girl who is willing a lot of other times they're horrified but it's their lost lol. But there isn't any way I would suggest that anyone allow themselves to have private aspects of their lives be made known so I could find someone or something.

I had NO IDEA people without a membership could see this forum. That's a touch outrageous. those who provide others with an outlet are meant to also provide safety. Fucking hell, I have my photograph in my god damn profile!

I constantly am haunted by thoughts of all the dreadfulness that every second keeps happening in this awful world, but you can't start fiddling with the rights of people because of what might happen. This path is constantly taken, nowadays, and the more or less "democracies" of the world, that took so much to develop, now are sinking into a new age where what these countries have developed is starting to fall apart. Bad things may always happen... always. And compromising the rights of people only lead to yet more compromises - because people get used to the old compromises - and soon it's all gone. Due to this, I strongly oppose that suggestion. And don't forget: that ten-year-old could end up hurt in the same way through Google. It's up to the parents to do their best to protect their children, not up to everyone else at the cost of liberties. While I myself would wish I could keep all kinds of badness from happening, and so often feel like shit while thinking about how this world is, I myself, at least, still would not compromise liberties such as these as a means to protect them. The problem with just tolerating such measures is that the measures never end... just look at how Germany has become - not even schoolgirl uniforms used during sex is legal, anymore - what consenting adults may do at home is now illegal, there, if what they do may be connected to the adults acting to be "minors" - all this in the name of protecting minors. Measures like these usually never end and therefore I strongly oppose the suggestion.

Fileboom Premium Account

subspace

What OLP, MOP, Martello and Sparrow and I are suggesting is simply a safety net for the forum members to be protected with a login that requires members to verify there age.
It protects the members of this site from knowingly engaging in conversation with minors. No matter what country you reside in this is woefully inappropriate.
I agree that parents should be responsible for their children but that is not reality.
We as a forum however can be responsible in protecting its members and likewise onlookers that may not be mature enough to process the contents of this site.
I am sure there are those under the age of 18 that are mature enough but the vast majorities are not.
An underage person has a wealth or resources available to them through the internet and the written word.
Most of us (the older crew) survived just fine before the internet and so can underage children.
It boils down to protecting the members of this site and if at the same time hinders a child from seeing its content that is a huge bonus.
It would be different if this was the only source of BDSM information but we are a small (albeit awesome!) piece.
By taking an extra step to keep minors out we are not shutting the door to BDSM info for minors.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

Death

k, whatever then. I guess I (and "hopefully" other later posters in this thread) will be ruled to being in the minority as with the whole Prissy situation... and further discussion won't be needed this time, either.

Just one post where someone admits to being a minor and the whole thing starts.

...It always works that way.

And to Martello: I wasn't talking specifically about myself. I was just using myself as an example.

Fileboom Premium Account

Death

From another thread on this forum... this one, more specifically: http://www.smplace.com/forum/2403-google-search-results.html

Having the last part of it in mind...

Personal account info is not revealed. As a common practice, if your concernec about anonimity, you should never post anything personal on any website, ever, because at that point it becomes public domain. We do not require you to reveal personal data on your profile, however, since google owns vbulletin as a subsidiary, they are set to allow you to search certain topics on all vbulletin based forums (60%-65% of all forums in the world) as free domain.

I would suggest that if you are concerned, then you alter the name you use here, or use plausible denial, as your account here does not show any personal info.

Sort of suing Google, there is no way to change it. Also bare in mind, the more posts, the better the traffic, which google tracks, and it is that posting traffic that lists you on the ranks of most active, most popular, or most marketable, etc all of which only stand to improve the community we love here, and bring awareness and acceptance to the world.

Is that last part there now forgotten...? Of course, that'd be a question for Sparrow69. I sure hope it's not... :l

Fileboom Premium Account

Status
Not open for further replies.