Handcuff Knot - is it safe for self bondage?

Discussion in 'Safety aspects of BDSM' started by Prissy, May 21, 2009.

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM
  1. Prissy

Prissy Member

2. Amuk

Amuk Member

From my experience I would say that it would be safe as long as you tied it closed with a knot that you could easily release yourself. What I would do is a variation of the reef knot, but I'm not sure what it is called...or how to explain it. I'm better at actually tying knots, rather than explaining them. lol

3. Prissy

Prissy Member

I have no idea what a reef knot is, or how to tie them. I leave the knots to Master usually, but if I want to do self bondage, I need to learn I guess.

4. Amuk

Amuk Member

That you do, Prissy. You can just look it up on google and find out all about them. Or even Youtube.

5. Prissy

Prissy Member

I have watch the TKB vids and they go way too fast.

6. Amuk

Amuk Member

They do tend to go by pretty fast. What you should do though is take it step by step. Just pause and rewind. It's not too much of a problem, is it?

7. Prissy

Prissy Member

I suppose not. I just need different lengths of ropes as for a small thing such as the tie in question, the rope I have is way too long.

8. Amuk

Amuk Member

I don't think rope can really be "too long" for something like that. Maybe in some cases, sure, but not for most. Also, you can do what I did and practice with string on a smaller scale. Of course, don't tie it around any of your limbs as it can cut off circulation.

9. Prissy

Prissy Member

But isn't the point of sellf bondage to tie yourself up?

10. Amuk

Amuk Member

Yes, but I'm simply saying don't use string for actually practicing on yourself. Rather, if you use string AT ALL, only use it for practicing the steps of how to tie a knot. I really wouldn't suggest it for anything else.

11. Prissy

Prissy Member

Oh, I won't use string. You confused me.

12. Amuk

Amuk Member

Ok. Glad I could clear up the confusion then.

13. Prissy

Prissy Member

Apparetnly it is easy to do.

14. Seattledom

Seattledom Member

To answer your original question I believe it would be safe. Use a smooth rope like nylon or silk so it won't bind up and be hard to loosen.

15. Master C

Master C Member

I see Prissy will have one problem then. The only rope we have is not smooth.

LIFE TIME FileBoom PREMIUM