cock ring

Discussion in 'Safety aspects of BDSM' started by MasterOfPuppets, Nov 2, 2010.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets New Member

What is the maximum time that someone can wear a ring before you need to worry about damage?

2. sillylittlepet

sillylittlepet Active Member

What kind of damage would it do?

I thought they just vibrated and stuff =S

3. MasterOfPuppets

cock rings cut off circulation to the penis in order to main train the erection with out an orgasm. I was basically told if you leave it on too long it can do some damage.

4. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Master, yes. Leaving a cock ring on for more than roughly 30 minutes can cause permanent damage to the veins and arteries in your penis. I got that piece of information from a urologist, so I'm confident that it's basically accurate, although I expect that there may be some variation there, depending on how tight the cock ring is and other personal factors like cock size.

5. master jey

master jey Moderator

It's not safe to leave it for a long time I left the ring and some time later it became black

6. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Lol. Yeah, that's too long.

One useful guide is temperature. If you notice that your balls or cock are noticeably cooler than your body, it's time for the cock ring to come off.

7. MasterOfPuppets

Used it for bout 15min, everything is still intact and working. Thanks for the help.

8. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

The problem isn't caused by wearing it too long once. It's a slow, cumulative thing. Pressure from a cockring can slowly weaken the walls of veins and arteries.

9. Phoray

Phoray Member

There is no fun anymore *laugh* I know you speak of safety but this is just a kill joy

10. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Yeah, believe me, I understand. But developing permanent impotence wouldn't be much fun either

11. L8NightQ

L8NightQ Member

Thank you guys for posting this. I didn't ever think about it. I've used them (straps, not so much rings) lots of times and didn't know about the weakening of the blood vessels or loss of circulation.

12. demonoid.vessel.666

demonoid.vessel.666 New Member

Hmm.
    I was thinking of buying a cock ring but now I'm not so sure....
    Don't really wanna become impotent. That would def suck! lol

13. Death

Death Member

Cock rings make me shudder... >_< ughh. You can get damage from them in seconds, actually... it depends on how your cock is made up. Ever heard of getting a bleeding glans? From unseen, microscopic wounds? They can take very long to heal. Do you really want to get your cock's head to start bleeding at random, after having used one, just because you were too horny and therefore got "too hard" during sex? Because your glans grew "too big" and started bleeding? And having to take breaks for weeks to get it to heal? I assure you, this can happen.

If that does not sound good to you, do NOT use cock rings.

14. decoyicus

decoyicus Member

Damn was considering getting one to say hard while being anally penetrated, but after reading about the risks I think I will just live with being limp.

15. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Decoyicus, I think a lot of people had that reaction to this thread.