The MISTRESS……. ( Short Story)

zeus789

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

You know how easy it is to condemn something that is against your personal life ethos? How you can easily tear down the next person for getting involved in something totally out of your moral circle. You know how you become judge and moral conscience to someone who did something outside your personal belief? That was me, four months ago.

A colleague of mine came to the office and was saying how she had fallen in love with a married man and was head over heels for him. I looked at her with so much disdain and said “you disappoint me. How could you have done that, you’re so morally bankruptâ€, and trust me (if you know me), I ended every form of relationship with her. Everybody knew that about me.

That same month, our HR manager resigned and a new person was employed. He is Bright Anumudu, and he is the beginning of my tale.

Bright Anumudu or Mr Bright as I like to call him, presence at Ocean Bay Enterprises was a big stir during his first month in the office. Every female wanted to be identified with him in one way or the other. (Please know that Bright is a “lookâ€. He is someone you will look at, hold the picture and go dream about him at night). Anyway, every female in the office wanted to attend to his every need. He didn’t need an office assistant to help him buy food. Ada, the MD’s Secretary, always went to his office every afternoon to say “I’m going for lunch, do you want me to buy anything for you?â€

You know the beautiful thing about Bright (Mr Bright, as I called him then)? He always had a way of flaunting one of the most beautiful rings I’ve ever seen on a man’s 4th finger. He has a way of rubbing it in the faces of my female colleagues. An example was when Tosin, one of the HR executives, invited him over for a friend’s birthday party, he smiled and told her “my wife will need me around for the eveningâ€. (E pain her shaa but to me, she so deserved it. How can a girl throw herself at a married man like that? Height of moral bankruptcy!!!! What ladies can do these days!).

I respected Bright so much and secretly wished for a man like him. On his table was a cute picture of himself and his wife, Tessy, kissing and other picture of him with his wife and daughter, Mirabel (the kind of picture that makes you want to start a family). They looked so happy together.

Myself and Bright stay in Surulere, so we always went home together. One of those days, he suggested I meet him at a particular bus stop in the mornings so we could go to the office together. It was a wonderful idea to me(omo, T fare don comot from my monthly expenses), so I jumped at it.

Two weeks into this “awoof†arrangement, I discovered that our discussion was “maturingâ€. It started with comments like, “your boyfriend must be very lucky to have youâ€. I responded, “I don’t have a boyfriendâ€. With his eyes wide open, he asked, “at 25?â€
“How did you even know my age?â€
Helloooooo, I’m the HR Manager, rememberâ€.
To discussions like, “has anyone told you you have a wonderful smile? And the way your eyes twinkle when you smile is simply amazingâ€.

He usually commented on anything I wear down to perfume and make-up. There was no need to be wary, Bright was/is a perfect gentleman.

Our Project Manager’s wife came to the office to sell human hairs( you know that kind of hair that at my level, you do window shopping for), Bright asked me to come help him select 2 different hairs for Tessy. I chose a 26″ peruvian hair and 24″ Malaysian hair and he signed a cheque for the Woman.

On our way home, he moved off the road and parked, then brought out the Malaysian hair and said, “this is yoursâ€. Now, pause here and think, if na you, wetin you go do? I lost every sense of decorum (all those forming like I don’t visit the white house), I jumped on him on the driver’s seat and gave him this long bear hug with all my strength with my mouth full of “Thank Yousâ€. (I know you will say, I am so material but come on, with my salary, all I could buy was Chocolate which I SAAAVE to buy and it must be used more than once. Yes, I’m not a Lagos big geh, I just carry myself like one).

When I “came toâ€, I shamefacedly withdrew and apologised but as I made to go back to my seat, he pulled me back and began giving me a deep kiss. At first, I was hesitant but when I saw he wasn’t stopping, I responded without any inhibitions. I really wished this moment would not end but then suddenly, the alarm went off “He’s a married manâ€. I pulled away, sat back on my seat and said, “I’m sorry about that, I don’t know what came over meâ€. He just looked at me and said “I am not sorryâ€. As if nothing happened, he started the engine and we drove off. Your guess is as good as mine, the rest of the drive home was in silence.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account