Peppermint Oil

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

During my countless endeavors to achieve increased satisfaction, I've noticed that dabbing a bit of peppermint oil (just a dab, or it will burn like hell. . . believe me, I know . . .) onto delicious parts makes just the loveliest tingling/cold sensation. My question is, among my many strange quirks is a fear of losing sensitivity, particularly in the clitoris. Does anyone happen to know if repeated/prolonged use of this oil could damage my body, and decrease sensitivity?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

AfterDark

Hey I’m new here and trying to be active, and being a chemist, this is a question that is right up my alley. So I will share with you some of what I know!! I will try to be a little technical and give a full explanation as to really try to answer your question, sorry if I ramble….

Peppermint has a high menthol content. Menthol has local anesthetic and counter-irritant qualities, and it is widely used to relieve minor throat/skin irritation and congestion. A counter-irritant is a substance which creates inflammation in one location with the goal of lessening the inflammation in another location.

So basically, without causing a change in actual body temperature menthol can trigger the bodies (TRPM8) cold receptors giving you the perception of feeling cold, much like eating a spicy pepper will do the same but with a hot impression, while at the same time inflaming the treated area.

In short using too much, or too strong of a solution of pure peppermint or eucalyptus oil extract will have a higher percentage of menthol and may temporally “numb†the area. It is used for that purpose in tons of topical analgesic sprays, ointment, and oral medicine to cause temporary relief of minor pain, and in health and beauty products to give a minty fresh feeling to your mouth and skin. However if a smaller less pure form of the oil (like “peppermint extract†you could buy at a candy shop) is applied to the skin especially to a mucous membrane (like your vag) you will get a slight amount of swelling which raises capillaries and makes them much more sensitive, combined with a very cool tingling sensation. So yes, I could see how that would feel good if you rubbed it into your clit or on your nipples. Just like the feeling in your mouth after you use mouth rinse.

But to answer your question by the book…. Currently there are no long term reported adverse nutrient or herb interactions that involve menthol, at least in lab animal testing. (−)-Menthol has low toxicity: Oral (rat) LD50: 3300 mg•kg−1; Skin (rabbit) LD50: 15800 mg•kg−1). Which means it is harmless to rats and rabbits at 50x the safe human dose. As far as animal studies go, that is a very good indicator that humans should have no adverse or long term effects from using menthol in any way.

So until, or if, scientific studies prove otherwise it is safe to assume that even in relatively high dosages over an extended period of time this should have no lasting effects on any part of your body. Just like brushing your teeth three times a day with menthol loaded toothpaste, or sucking on peppermint candies has any long term effects on your taste or mouth sensitivity, with the exception of long term medical grade pure menthol extract being used to treat sensitive teeth. But then again, that only works during the course of the treatment and is not permanent.

There are tones of sex-acts involving mint; such as “the peppermint swirl,†where a woman would go down on a guy immediately after brushing her teeth, or where a guy will go south on a woman with a hard peppermint candy in his mouth. I have had this done to me and have done the latter on several occasions and it is quite pleasurable!! When we were studying the properties of herbs way back in my junior year of school there was a sex-toy that was supposed to incorporate mint oil into it. We kept watch of it out of curiosity but it never got its patent approved. Here is the link to the patent for device if you are interested.
Expanded clitoral sensitizing compounds with methods and apparatus for the delivery of these compounds
United States Patent 6322493

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6322493.html
Hopefully this long winded post managed to answer your questions??

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

There are tones of sex-acts involving mint; such as “the peppermint swirl,†where a woman would go down on a guy immediately after brushing her teeth, or where a guy will go south on a woman with a hard peppermint candy in his mouth. I have had this done to me and have done the latter on several occasions and it is quite pleasurable!!.........

Excellent post AD. :) This is good news, we were recently looking at the strong minty
mouthwash kept in the bathroom, with new ideas in mind.

Fileboom Premium Account

subspace

http://www.passionparties.com/index.html?gclid=COi53v6Fwp4CFRKenAodGTIWqg

Follow this link to the main page for Passion Parties then scroll to the middle of the page and watch the video from the TV show The Doctors. I have this product and it really does work for both men and women. It is often used to get women in the mood and I can tell you that when I went to a Passion Party and the host handed out Q-tips with a dap of this gel on it and sent us to the restroom to apply, we were all squirming in our seats within a minute. Great selling technique for a sex toys party!

The product is called Pure Satisfaction Unisex Enhancement Gel. The main ingredients are aloe, peppermint, menthol and grapefruit. It is expensive but lasts forever and it’s so worth it.

Fileboom Premium Account

AfterDark

InnocentFacade, I’m glad you found my post helpful. I didn’t mean to re-explain what you already knew, but if there is one thing I have learned from being a scientist its that; when you say something you have to be right and you have to prove why you’re right.

Hello again to everyone, I think you’re all really great and hopefully I can become a respected member of this community. Incidentally, if anyone has any other questions like this or about the science of sex, send um my way and I will try to help. I have lots of first-hand experience and access to medical and scientific research, there are a lot of kinky “geek-freaks†in my line of work. :D

Fileboom Premium Account

Would this work? Might give it a go . . . . I like making things. :)

Things You'll Need:

* 1 cup distilled water
* 6 tablespoons witch hazel
* 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
* 1 strip of lemon peel
* Sharp knife
* Glass bottle with lid

How to Make a Peppermint Mouthwash
Step 1

Strip off a piece of lemon peel using a sharp knife or potato peeler. Make sure the peel is very fine. You can use fresh lemon zest, if you prefer. If you decide to use lemon zest, use about a teaspoon.
Step 2

Combine the lemon peel or zest with 6 tablespoons of witch hazel and 1 teaspoon of peppermint essence.
Step 3

Combine the herbal and fruit ingredients from Step 2 with the distilled water. Pour in a glass bottle. Seal and shake well. Store in the refrigerator.

....... Probably just buy some though.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited: