Will bleaching a colored sex toy hurt the color?

L8NightQ

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Keeping sex toys clean and in good condition is good for the toys and good for your partner.

Most non silicone products are porous and can hold (and grow) bacteria and other nasties if not cared for properly.

I like just using a mild hand soap to clean silicone, and most toys.
If you really want to use bleach, you should mix it with water 2w to 1b. I don't use it cause there's just too much risk of splatter to places where you don't want it.

The most important thing is to let it dry after you wash it so nothing new grows on it or in the bag where you store your toy(s).

Non-leather toys can go in plastic bags, leather and similar toys should go into a breathable bag.

Glad you already know that silicone can also be boiled if you like cause it has such a high heat tolerance.

Also know this.... Be careful not to use silicone based lubricants on silicone toys. The lube can bond to the toy and really mess it up.

If you have a Hitachi Magic Wand you can place a condom over the head. Feel free to let it extend down a little to cover the gap between the head and the body of the massager. If she has wet orgasms it will keep the spill/splatter/spray out of the inside gap. They tell you not to get that part wet.
It saves a lot of time with cleaning, and keeps rust out of the well.

Here's a guide on cleaning all your sex toys that might help. It also lists special precautions for certain types of toys.

http://www.talksexwithsue.com/toycare.html

This does not cover leather.

I like to use a damp cloth or a baby wipe to wipe leather products down, and every once and a while I also use saddle soap to clean and condition them. For a quick touch up (usually before I travel) I might use some "Bic-4" leather conditioner to keep the leather in good shape.

For leather wrist and ankle cuffs that get wet from sweat and the like, just use the above procedure, but use bic-4 or a lite application of mink oil to maintain it's strength and keep the moisture in it. The mink oil will help keep the moisture from soaking into the leather. Same is pretty much true for floggers.

When you clean leather, depending on the quality of the item, you may get some color coming off, but that's usually ok.
On the cheap floggers, you'll get a lot of color coming off. Nothing to do about that really... just buy better, or at least shop. You don't have to pay a fortune for good leather.

Hope this helps. I expanded it cause I don't remember seeing this in the beginner FAQ section and I'll probably post it there too.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account