Why safe calls matter

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by sebastian, Jun 2, 2011.

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM
  1. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share Premium
  2. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

I wish there was more information. It's really hard to tell whether he was a rapist who happened to like bondage, or this actually was supposed to be a scenario they played out. Either way, he doesn't sound like the smartest if he didn't make it clear she could stop him, and I'm sorry for the woman.

3. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

I agree. I suspect that he was a rapist and the authorities just decided that he was doing bondage. But who knows?

4. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

On the off chance (very off-chance) that it wasn't meant as rape, it's still going to be rape if she doesn't know, and even if he thought it was implied or something, it would still be terrifying.

5. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

For that matter, it's also possible that she consented but changed her mind after the play was over.

6. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Which would be the most terrible thing to happen to the guy. That's why I wish there was more information out, so we could start to guess, or at least see what his defence is.

But if what you suggested was right, and it was just no safeword, like your title implied, that would be terrible.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  7. sebastian

sebastian Active Member

Subs do change their mind. Google "Oliver Jovanovic" to see one terrible example.

My title refers to a safe call, not a safe word. If events happened as the article describes, her safe call to her boyfriend may have saved her life.

8. master jey

master jey Moderator

God damn prostitutes...

9. Smallest

Smallest Moderator

Sorry, I misunderstood, Sebastian. She's lucky she could get to her phone, in any case

LIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUMLIFE TIME Keep2Share PREMIUM