Whats the meaning of this?

Discussion in 'General BDSM discussions' started by new2this, May 14, 2010.

1. new2this

new2this New Member

On some dating sites i see that people put this on their profiles:

[if249 1]

What does it mean?
    I have googled around but didnt have any luck. Im really curious to know! hehe

Thank you
    Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium
  2. hmmmmmm I've never seen that before.

Those exact letters and number or is that just an example?
  3. new2this

new2this New Member

Always exactly like that :confused:

[if249 1]
  4. Precious

Precious Member

I have never actually seen that before..ever. maybe its a coding issue? is it different dating sites.. hmm..
  5. I'm so confused now. . . I've never seen this on collarme. Well, never at all, but that's the only dating site I've been on in a long long long time.
  6. Precious

Precious Member

I've been to fetlife, Alt life, collarme..and some non BDSM dating sites and I havent seen it before either...now i am so curious
  7. Ruelee

Ruelee Member

(Warning, technical post at work. Yes, I'm a bit of a geek.)
    A Google search passed through the (highly recommended by me) OptimizeGoogle extension for Firefox showed a lot of results on various sites where it's used, though my experience with dating sites themselves is absolutly nil, and I didn't glance into any of them. From the snippets that Google showed though, there's nothing at all to explain it, but perhaps someone else might make use of it.
  8. L8NightQ

L8NightQ Member

Hey Guys

It's a hexidecimal key that has to be used for entry to a secret society's site.

Very few people have it. You may have seen them at a party or on the street.

Most have a special tatoo on their left hand. It looks kinda like a key with three notches on it.

It is said that this society has daily discussions regarding Bondage Dominance Sadism and Masochism. Please avoid these people, they are dangerous......

just kidding...

This is just a special character that was not translated properly thru HTML.

The only reason it took me a while to get back to you is that I was trying to find out what the character was that was being confused.

If I find out, I'll let you know. But it's nothing at all.

You'll probably see it at the very end of a particular section of something, consistently.

By the way - that secret society (BDSM) is you..... You're here, aren't you? (LOL)
    ....sorry, couldn't help that one. It's friday.
  9. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Moderator

the only viable reference i can find is a data code for user accounts on mysql, which is a programming format. its not a bdsm reference that ive ever seen in 15 years, and a search even reveals it in the coding on non bdsm dating sites and various user profiles from online forums.

If someone knows otherwise, please fill me in, because that seems to be the only answer i can come up with.
  10. BernieD

BernieD Member

Considering it's on the web, it might have to do with a programming language called python.
    Never used python myself, so it's only a guess.

There is an IF 249 listed here.
  11. Precious

Precious Member

Yup seems liek the general census is its a computer thing and not some secret society, however, L8 that doesnt sound like a completely horrible idea lol
  12. L8NightQ

L8NightQ Member

Agreed -

I was really just kidding about the secret stuff (but precious is right)

I've seen this before. It's an end code for a page segment or database section and the character just doesn't translate correctly when it is presented on the web page.

If anyone sees it anywhere else than the end of a section in someone's profile, let me know. I'll keep looking.

The reason it's in brackets is so that whoever debugs it can isolate the character that got messed up.
    Open a MS Word document with a text editor and you'll see what I mean.
    This could be on a number of sites, but my guess is that the other sites are using the engine from a main site..... Like ALT.com maybe. Many sites let others use their engines as long as they can push some of their adds thru and get a cut of revenues.
  13. MasterInTraining

MasterInTraining New Member

I was like:

Funny :D
  14. Disappointed! :mad:

I love all that 'I know a secret' funny handshake, playground stuff.
    It goes right through society from kids to bike clubs to top cops
    and businessmen. Childish, but cool, in a way.

£$£$£$ ........ Thats for the hidden forum here, [it's hilarious, honestly]. :D :rolleyes::cool:
  15. master jey

master jey Moderator

looks like internet leet
    ï Wìl└ $páπk ÿóú

[i frag]=[if249 1] this more looks like cs

or python most possible is python
    Last edited: May 15, 2010