What kind of training do you need to become an actual dominatrix?

Mmmmph

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

As I heard it, you need something like two years of psyche and a six month certification course. I want a concrete answer, though.

Also... how hard is it to be a part time professional domme? I think it may be an interesting "side job" after I get my psychology degree, something I'd do two weekends out of the month or something similar. I'm naturally dominant and would really enjoy this, I think. I also think it'd balance out the somewhat grandiose nature of the work I'm serious about (social science), as its more of a pursuit of pleasure, something I'd do for the sake of it. I also think I'd be good at it. That said, I don't think I could devote my life to being a dominatrix.

So, granted its many years off but I'd still like to know. Any good advice?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Being a fellow neighbor to you, the information you have is false. I travel often to Colorado (Denver area) to various clinics held there. Thankfully, Colorado is a much more accepting environment then my state when it comes to the world of BDSM. There is much you can gian from here, as well as from experience in general. A lot like any other "hobby", "interest" or "art", it is something you perfect through practice and open mindedness!

Continue to ask as you go.. I am certain many here, including myself can offer insight! :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Mmmmph

What did I say that was false? I don't know what you are referring to with that.

I do understand I'll need a lot more involvement in the "scene" first. That much is a given... my personal philospohy on this and a lot of things is that confidence comes naturally through understanding, that the best way to feel comfortable with something is to start learning about it and practicing it.

Again, was an offhand daydream I might want to realize, that would indeed take a long while to come to fruition if at all.

I also heard you had to work as a bottom for a time to fully qualify for the certification... this sounds unpleasant but doable.

Fileboom Premium Account

What did I say that was false? I don't know what you are referring to with that.

I do understand I'll need a lot more involvement in the "scene" first. That much is a given... my personal philospohy on this and a lot of things is that confidence comes naturally through understanding, that the best way to feel comfortable with something is to start learning about it and practicing it.

Again, was an offhand daydream I might want to realize, that would indeed take a long while to come to fruition if at all.

I also heard you had to work as a bottom for a time to fully qualify for the certification... this sounds unpleasant but doable.

Nothing you said was false in your first post. What you were told was false. You do not need certification, nor are there any courses of education you can take that are specific to domination. "Pro" or otherwise.

If you are looking for something where you are better known for being dominant, and especially relating to the world of D/S, then that is something you would have to work on, just as you would in practicing being a dominant. There are clinics, expos and functions (especially in your area) that you may attend, and through personal experience your reputation may be something of interest to others, but that is about it. Now unless you want to advertise in some form, that is the best you will get. I am starting to get the notion that you have developed a concept behind this lifestyle, that may have more of a mainstream notion to what it really is.. ?

Fileboom Premium Account

Mmmmph

Ahh ok, I only heard that somewhere. I think I said that, so that is the answer I was looking for.

I mean, that was the question after all, "what do I need to do in order to do this?" and I guess I started with incorrect background information and wound up diverting from the point.

Thanks, thats certainly an answer. I would have sworn there was something like that, but apparently I'm wrong, good to know. :)

Thats all I needed, too, I appreciate the advice.

Fileboom Premium Account

Mmmmph

To add to this- even if it doesn't legally require anything, college level psyche and finding a tutor or something still seems like a very good idea. Not that it would prepare one for being a domme in any way, and I'd think the actual practice and familiarity one gets from actually doing it professionally would indeed be far more helpful, but still.

I also see now that the part about being a part time pro-domme was way misinformed. I guess it would be something you'd do on the weekend anyway, eh?

I see the proverbial line here is a lot more blurred then I thought. Again, I only heard about this so called certification, maybe from some kind of media or read about it somewhere on the net... I don't have television or watch movies or read any kind of mainstream news, but even then theres always ads everywhere. It may also just be "common knowledge", which as we all know is not to be trusted as anything more then misinformed opinion, hehe.

Yeah, don't trust the peanut gallery. They're all assholes. :)

Fileboom Premium Account

Don't concern yourself with being wrong.. You are seeking answers, so you have an open mind in finding out!

If I had to sit down and label something helpful in being key in pursuing a "dominant" lifestyle or interest, one of the key ingredients is to "be in tune" with people in general. Use an open ear and mind. Listen to what they want. Understand them, and where they come from. This will better prepare you in exploring something with them (i.e. your submissive partner) that will give the desired end result. Be flexible.

All in all, you need to explore more about what you would like. An example, I adore bondage, pain play, sensory deprivation, and humiliation. Those are what excites me most. I do however, may indulge in other disciplines as well, but do not hold the value to them as I would the ones I listed. I began to work with those disciplines, and learning more about them. I started soft and worked my way into more advanced measures. Having the background I do, I already had knowledge on pressure and control points on the human body. With the right submissive partner, I explored them more. From light pressure at the beginning, and worked my way through to more advances control points of discomfort. Not being careful could result in serious injury, and that benefits no one!

Even as our community member "Sebastian" will tell you (another very good source), communication! You have to communicate with your partner! There is much there to be understood and followed if you wish to engage in these interests.

As for further studies.. I am one for furthering education, however in my opinion (and it is my own, so no worries) I achieved my degree in the study of human behavior, and when it comes to engaging in the D/S lifestyle or interest, it holds no value or assistance. Nothing I learned in a curriculum would prove beneficial in a relationship. Why? You are in the relationship. You hold a different value then someone who is outside of the relationship. A professional will not engage in any action or behavior that will require them to be intimately involved as there are emotions and feelings involved. This clouds judgement.

I know that some of this may not give you solid answers, but once you start to explore more about yourself, and what you truly want to gain from it, you may have a direction in mind that you can start! Enjoy as you go! Continue to ask! We like to share!

Fileboom Premium Account